What about a Janick Gers?

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
I imagine it would be difficult to find another chick to play that part of Janik Gers; not impossible though, it would be hard to find anyone capable of doint it.

What about Janick Gers? I’ve talked to a guy once who must have seen 20 Iron Maiden concerts, and he thought Gers was a wanker, but actually I think the guy’s a really hot guitarist, a good fit for maiden. I love to watch him play, it’s inspirational… He’s got a nice palm on the neck and maintains a light touch at all times and I think he’s been a good injection of musical blood for the band and has a much to do with some of their more matured albums. He’s also a very good showman with that guitar; I wouldn’t want be standing too near the guy when he’s throwing that thing around, man if you got hit by it at that force, it could kill ya’ or put you down hard.

They all inspire me, but he does have something special and where I come from, that’s how you’re supposed to play they electric guitar – don’t be shy!

Me me me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think it'd be damn cool to have a Janick!! I'm a big fan of the guy and was on his side when I saw Maiden in December 2003 and he was so funny and kept the crowd very entertained. There's nothing wrong with that but I think people don't like him cos dances about and has fun that's not "metal". Or some shit like that!!

I bet half the people that slate him couldn't play anywhere as good as him!!! I love his solo on BYDTTS - that rules!!! :headbang:

Now don't kill me Metallicat! :worship: I do believe that Janick is a great guitar player and his lyric writing is cool, but for die hards like me, his stage presence is a little on the glam side. That's just my opinion and it doesn't take from his talent. :kickass: No one can deny that. I've seen him live too. He did almost knock someone out! :heh: Wee man from Jackass was in the audience at this show!

MAIDEN67 said:
Now don't kill me Metallicat! :worship: I do believe that Janick is a great guitar player and his lyric writing is cool, but for die hards like me, his stage presence is a little on the glam side. That's just my opinion and it doesn't take from his talent. :kickass: No one can deny that. I've seen him live too. He did almost knock someone out! :heh: Wee man from Jackass was in the audience at this show!

That's cool - I can understand that!! But you appreciate his guitar playing and that's what counts!!

MAIDEN67 said:

AMEN. He is a great player but he is GLAM rock to the max on the stage. Doing the splits and prancing around. I wonder if he is a gay man? I have nothing against gay people what so ever. Janik just acts really gay and feminine.