What are the song names on Ulver's Themes from William Blake's The Marraige of H & H

IcemanJ256

Dark Overlord
Apr 28, 2002
Dayton, Ohio, USA
www.amazon.com
ok.

track 7.

TOTALLY AWESOME.

is it plate 7? or plate 8? or Plates 7-10?
or "Proverbs of Hell"?

are these songs listed on the back spread across severeal tracks, or is it the other way around there are severeal songs in each track?

heh, it really doesn't matter, just wondering if anyone knows.

My girlfriend just got me that disc(s) for Christmas and I must say I thoroughly enjoy it.. especially the part where they are listing stuff on the first thing..

"Those who restrain desire only do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Brandon

Here´s the full tracklist:

--- Disk 1 ---
1. The Argument, Plate 2
2. Plate 3
3. Plate 3, following
4. The Voice of the Devil, Plate 4
5. Plates 5-6
6. A Memorable Fancy, Plates 6-7
7. Proverbs of Hell, Plates 7-10
8. Plate 11
9. Intro
10. A Memorable Fancy, Plates 12-13
11. Plate 14
12. A Memorable Fancy, Plate 15
13. Plates 16-17
--- Disk 2 ---
1. A Memorable Fancy, Plates 17-20
2. Intro
3. Plates 21-22
4. A Memorable Fancy, Plates 22-24
5. Intro
6. A Song of Liberty, Plates 25-27

I've been thinking of getting this album... is it good? I really love Pedition City, btq

It's nothing like PC really, it's like a quasi-industrial metal type thingy. It's like a bridge between Ulver's earlier black metal style and their newer stuff. It's kinda hard to describe really

There's loads of eerie spoken word bits (which are really cool) and Garm's singing (not chanting), along with female singing to boot. It's really, really good and I would definitely recommend it!

Originally posted by Genocidal
Do the commas tell the separate parts of the track, or alternate names for the track?

Some of the plates have special titles, so the commas tell alternate names for the tracks...

Originally posted by Sadistik
Garm doesn't sing enough on the silence EP's or Lykantropen...or even Perdition (though it's great)...his voice owns everyone....

indeed... on PC... I wish there were more parts that sounded like the end of track 2 and the whole track 9... they rule so much it hurts to think about it

I've never heard Ulver. The only Garm stuff I've really heard is Arcturus (which owns). A lot of people have told me that early Ulver is pure black metal, but the quality is horrible, due to the fact that they recorded in the forest or something.

Then I hear a lot about new Ulver, but how it's not even metal, etc. Not that I care, I just always like a little metal within the mix.

Which albums are black metal and which are something else, or are they all BM?

Originally posted by FlatteningOfEmotions
I've never heard Ulver. The only Garm stuff I've really heard is Arcturus (which owns). A lot of people have told me that early Ulver is pure black metal, but the quality is horrible, due to the fact that they recorded in the forest or something.

Then I hear a lot about new Ulver, but how it's not even metal, etc. Not that I care, I just always like a little metal within the mix.

Which albums are black metal and which are something else, or are they all BM?
The first album Bergtatt is like black metal and folk music, then Kveldssanger is like all out folk music w/ no metal or electric guitars even, then Nattens Madrigal is the forest recording you were speaking of. Yea.. its a good album, but its like so crappy sounding. Its like all black w/ some folkish stuff. And then theres themes which everyones been discussing. I dont have anything else and dont really think I want to bc I've heard its all like trip hop electronic stuff. Thats not really my thing. Plates 17-20 on themes (disc 2, track1) is like the greatest song ever. I love it.