Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
http://www.bravewords.com/news/89991

Life in Black

BORKNAGAR - Drummer Asgeir Mickelson Quits The Band

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 07:57:44 EST

BORKNAGAR guitarist Øystein G. Brun has issued the following update:

"Due to the latest years evolving differences in musical ideas and visions, (drummer) Asgeir Mickelson has decided to quit Borknagar. The spilt happens in friendly manner and with mutual respect for the decision that he has made. He will remain a good friend of the band.

We wish to thank him for a great collaboration over the years and the best of luck with future endeavours!

The split will have little or no effect on the schedule of the forthcoming album. We are currently working on pre- productions and we are heading for an early next year release.

As stated before, the new album will regain the musical forces that dominated the four first albums. So beware!"

Being a long time BORKNAGAR fan, especially looking forward to the new album...I never saw this coming, ESPECIALLY now! Wow.

+ It's interesting how some bands begin with that natural 'magic' feeling in their music, then evolve, then at some point eventually try and recreate that 'old' sound from the beginning. Is that what's happening here?

*thinks* (...where's my resume??? :cool:)

I don't like it when bands try to sound like something. It's highly evident when it happens and it always sounds really sterile. Go with the magic!
Just saying that, I don't really know anything about Borknagar lol... I have Origin and Quintessence, but neither really did it for me :(

I don't like it when bands try to sound like something. It's highly evident when it happens and it always sounds really sterile. Go with the magic!
Just saying that, I don't really know anything about Borknagar lol... I have Origin and Quintessence, but neither really did it for me :(

You need to go out and Get The Archaic Course and Empiricism immediately.

P.S. Even if you didn't like the whole album, Quintessence has some pretty amazing song, no?

Damn, this really sucks, as I love the Bork, as I'm sure many people here do as well. At least he's still working with Ihsahn. Maybe they'll go grab Trym or something :p That would be epic. Really looking forward to a new album, and while I do think trying to sound like something is a little bit silly, it could be that the songs just turned out that way. The Archaic Course is my favourite Bork album anyway, so I'm not complaining.