What bands do you want to see live in the Bay Area in 2010??

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
As part of my previous post, What bands do you all want to see play in the Bay Area next year that will not be part of the normal tours?? This could be local bands, or national bands that you would motivate you to see a show---
Post your thoughts here!!!

Glad to see you back, even on a limited basis, good luck and if there is anything we at Nightmare Records can do let us know.

Off the top of my head......

These are the bands from the left coast that would get me off my ass to make the 2 hour drive for a show:

Cynic
Future's End
Redemption
Rishloo
Souljourners
Zero Hour

Bands from other parts of USA i'd love to see that don't tour regularly:

Nevermore
Warrel Dane
Cea Serin
Suspyre
Vangough
Shadow Gallery
Animals As Leaders
Fair To Midland
The Dear Hunter

While I would like to see Cyinc again, they have toured several times recently. Also, Redemption is going on tour in Feb...

I think two great ideas would be:

Pain Of Salvation: make up for them canceling their progressive nation appearance (edit: thanks zedowns for correcting me). Would be exciting to see them play in the Bay Area as their first US appearance in a long time.

Arjen Lucassen: Might be able to get him to come out to the states since his new album is more along the lines of something he can tour with. Would be a great show.

Those are my two big ideas that I think would go over well.

Fair To Midland
The Dear Hunter

YES YES YES.

The Dear Hunter especially would appeal to a Prog crowd, and end up blowing everyone away.

Pain Of Salvation: make up for them canceling their progressive nation appearance due to visas. Would be exciting to see them play in the Bay Area as their first US appearance in a long time

They canceled the tour because their label went bankrupt, I don't think the visas were an issue. Regardless, this is the best possible choice for a show.

Bands that would be AWESOME to finally see live in the US:

OCEANSIZE.
I know they're looking to play some dates in the US next year but are having trouble finding the right tour. Maybe a one off in the bay area isn't out of the question?

Pure Reason Revolution
Freak Kitchen

Maybe pull something absurd out of your hat like a CONCEPTION reunion. :kickass::kickass:

Oh and forgot...

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE
If you end up doing special one off shows, PLEASE make it all ages. Not being able to see Darkwater and Sun Caged two years was devastating. :(

Maybe pull something absurd out of your hat like a CONCEPTION reunion.

Naah..Glenn already did that at PPUSA, & I think Dave's making a concerted effort for BARfest NOT to be a PPUSA clone.

(not that I'd complain, because their set at PPUSA was one of my favorites in the ten years I've been to the festival :))

Off the top of my head......

These are the bands from the left coast that would get me off my ass to make the 2 hour drive for a show:

Cynic
Future's End
Redemption
Rishloo
Souljourners
Zero Hour

Nevermore
Warrel Dane
Cea Serin
Suspyre
Vangough