What bands have you got into because of Opeth?

I got into Camel for a small period of time & i ended up buying ''Moonmadness''. But i then decided to sell it because i needed to make some quick cash so i would have enough money to buy my guitar.

Porcupine Tree, Camel, Jethrotull, King Crimson, Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot(if it weren't for such that controversy, I'd never have tried them out :D)...lots more...But mainly because of the fans recommending the bands.

Quite a lot actually. I would say they opened the doors for all of the extreme metal bands i listen to. It's pretty fair to say all death and black metal bands i listen to make their way to my eardrums because of Opeth.

wow, a lot. mostly due to mikes mention/like of them. i knew if he likes em, they'd be good.
ayreon, bloodbath, edge of sanity, katatonia, porcupine tree, and STEEL (haha)

opeth related, but not related to this specific thread..i gotta say i really got more into orchid as of late. most people say its hard to get into it, comparing it to the likes of say SL or BWP. but orchid is truly a fucking GREAT musical masterpiece. i love it. fuck...ive been hardcore into opeth since like may '03, and i don't see that dying down anytime soon.
im proud to like such an excellent fucking band, and cant WAIT for the new music mike is creating now. i also hope on this one the guys give more ideas to enhance what mike has already created, or bring in their own ideas.

Well I got into Borknagar cos of opeth, cos they were mentioned as a related band on a site when i was ordering still life... so i ordered empiricism by borknagar 2 and they are excellent!

:headbang: :headbang: