what do u guys think of underworld's black metal parts?

it fits well with the music and sounds pretty cool, i think. are they planning on doing any more of that, cuz i hear their next album will be heavier than underworld (if thats possible)

I like some heavy stuff like trash metal (the haunted, testament etc), death & black metal (death, psycroptic) but progressive is the best and then jazz & fusion. i dont really like if they are changing adagios style to black metal.

i dont think they'll get to a full-on black metal style. they know what they're good at. i think they will be just real dark progressive metal with awesome neoclassical passages. i dont think we have to worry much.

it would definitly suck if they play a song with all the partys black metal,but sometimes adding a black metal part to some songs not all the songs makes the music mre fun to listen to.

Ryöpsäyttelijä said:
It's good to have some black metal parts but I wouldn't like if they chance all stuf black metal...

It is. Its good if they have the same scheme. One long theme song (Like Underworld), Power metal song (chosen) and its cool of there are really progressive parts like in some songs its going like 14\16, 16\16 or something strange. I hope the cd will be at least as good as underworld.

like you all said..used in moderation it works well with thier music, But I think the Influence of Dimmu is far less than Meshuggah and Symphony X,and Sun Caged. Symphony X is all over underworld. I cannot wait to hear how Gus's vocals take over for Readman's. it will be extremely hard to top Underworld. Production and songs were excellent. Stephan has his work cut out for him and them....

Can anyone tell me what part is considered black metal in the Underworld album?

I recall Forte mentioned Dimmu Borgir in his inspirations in the liner notes, but never though it was that much appearant. I agree that Symphony X's influence is way more significant.

Evil Ernie said:

I recall Forte mentioned Dimmu Borgir in his inspirations in the liner notes, but never though it was that much appearant. I agree that Symphony X's influence is way more significant.
ending part of the mirror stage and the intro of From My Sleep To Someone Else .In my opinion underworld's music is 90 percent original! i dont hear symphony x in it like sanctus!maybe i listen to adagio more than symphony x :confused:

Sanctus is much more a RAW shred fest..with lots of skill "Stringless Violin" etc..and Underworld Has much more song structure. And the pay off has been great. Mixing songs from both cd's in Live format is Killer..I cannot like either Cd more then the other. They both has Inspiring rederrick and Flaws...But on both the Guitar tones are insane and Bass Guitar is never lost in the mix.. I am Mixing a progressive bands Demo for shopping it right now and I am using "Underworld" as a template...

Lets Keep this board active....

Jerich said:
Sanctus is much more a RAW shred fest..with lots of skill "Stringless Violin" etc..and Underworld Has much more song structure. And the pay off has been great. Mixing songs from both cd's in Live format is Killer..I cannot like either Cd more then the other. They both has Inspiring rederrick and Flaws...But on both the Guitar tones are insane and Bass Guitar is never lost in the mix.. I am Mixing a progressive bands Demo for shopping it right now and I am using "Underworld" as a template...

Lets Keep this board active....
i agree with u,and good luck with the mixing :headbang:

the funny thing is Mixing takes days at a time sometimes...I actually have a break here!!!! to get back online and reply to you 777.Cool respond. Keys interfear with every nook and cranny of a mix they steal frequencys for every other instrument..I mix take out keys sounds great ...put keys back in Boom frequencys gone again ..I will be at the for days!!!!

Evil Ernie said:

Not only the parts Control-Denied mentioned but there is an influence with the arrangements and I even think Spephan was influenced by Musits as a composer. Mustis an amazing composer, even though he has not dome much but I hope to hear some film scores or something.

Mustis? where and how can I find his music? what is his first name? searches come up empty...Reidmarr his vocals were on a aDAT for live recording..I heard it on the "live Band in Upperworld"...does anyone have Live video footage of Adagio? DVD or VHS?

shagrath is a troll...