What do you guys think

Dude™

Jul 2, 2008
About Danzig? If you can't tell by my avatar im a big Danzig/Samhain/Misfits fan and i'm just curious what you all think. Danzig 1-4 are up there with my favorite albums ever.

And im talking about the music, not the guy. Haha So please no talking about how he got knocked out by that douche bag

Dude™;7497067 said:
About Danzig? If you can't tell by my avatar im a big Danzig/Samhain/Misfits fan and i'm just curious what you all think. Danzig 1-4 are up there with my favorite albums ever.

And im talking about the music, not the guy. Haha So please no talking about how he got knocked out by that douche bag

I like Danzig's stuff, as well as the Misfits, but from a songwriting standpoint, he really misses John Christ, imo. It's kind of a shame, they were a really potent team at one time, too. I met John not long after he left the band, and he was a really nice guy who, even then, wouldn't utter a negative word about Glenn.

Also, from watching that video, I hate to break it to you, but Glenn was the douchebag and got what he deserved. Not that it takes away from his music or anything, but ya gotta admit, he's kind of a sawed-off little asshole at times.

I guess he wanted to bang heads with Danzig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure she knows how to put it to use too. If you catch my drift.

hey now, yes i admit that video is pretty fucking funny. I love the guy for what he has done musically but i dont think i would actually want to meet him.

Now back to the music, have any of you heard any Samhain?

That fat dude that punched Danzig is a fucking asshole, and a nobody. Danzig didn't attack back because he didn't want a lawsuit. I still think Danzig would of wooped his ass in his younger days. Anyway, Danzigs music is basic stuff, nothing super great but his voice is what keeps him popular, and im glad he got out of that industrial phase.

Danzig got right up in his face, and pushed the dude. What would you have expected him to have done?

One and four are my favorites but the first 4 are all awesome. I also love 7 but the production is pretty shitty, unfortunately. 8 has a few moments, but 5 and 6 are pretty week, although "Ashes" off of 5 is amazing. Misfits and Samhain also kick major ass. Did you see Danzig in 2006? They played "Samhain," "All Murder, All Guts," and "To Walk the Night" which is one of my all time favorite songs. It's pretty crushing live. November Coming Fire is definitely the best, but I think that's what everyone thinks. That's funny that you said that you wouldn't want to meet Glenn. I've always said the same thing. By the way, what do you think of the Lost Tracks? So fucking good...

I'm a huge Misfits fan and they were my initiation into punk rock in general. I'm a huge fan of Danzig's band. I saw them like, two years ago and wrote a fanboy article on my Xanga, which I deleted, but I'll see if I still have the article anyway. Here it is. Yeah, I was a fucking fanboy, yeah I maybe had homoerotic attractions to Doyle, but I was 13 at the time anyway and didn't know shit.
[size=-2]
"'The Blackest of the Black' tour is for extreme bands that sell out venues across the country, that sell records, but don't get radio play or get on MTV. It's anti the corporate crap nu-rap-metal that gets shoved down fans' throats at other concerts." - Danzig

Not to mention that Danzig will be playing this entire tour with ex-Misfits Guitarist DOYLE for the FIRST time in almost 20 years.

So I arrive at 9 o clock (it started at 7) at SOMA San Diego, and I hear Chimaira finish up their act. While their band is definitely not my style, their energy live was extremely fun and the mosh pits were wild. They headbanged like the devil himself, if he was 30 and in a thrashcore band.

But when they left the stage, the lights went dark and some roadies came on, setting up a ton of stuff. At first I thought they were setting up for Himsa or one of the other bands. But then a few guys come out with a giant Danzig Logo, and set it at the front of the stage. The crowd went wild.

10 minutes later, the drummer for Danzig takes his place, and begins checking out the drums. Other band members emerge. Danzig comes out, pointing at the crowd, which in turn flips out, screaming, devil horns in the air, the heat in the room goes up a few degrees.

Danzig begins with stuff from their new album, Circle of Snakes which only a few people knew the lyrics to. After maybe 3 songs, they play some stuff from Danzig 1 (not Mother, though, which I figured would be played at the end). "Am I Demon?", "Not Of This World" are all I remember distinctly from Danzig 1. But then something amazing happens, beside the fact that all the girls in the audience were making out and money was raining from the ceiling and Bill O'Reilly had a heart attack all at once. The band goes quiet. I go quiet. The crowd goes quiet. Danzig turns to face the whole audience.

"I'd like to introduce an old friend," Danzig says.

My heart stops. "Doyle! Doyle! Doyle! Doyle! Doyle!" we all start chanting.

"DOYLE! Get the FUCK out here!!!"

*yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh!* And he jumps out onto the stage, Devilock flailing, Fiend Makeup on his face, COMPLETELY RIPPED, (the guy's got to be pushing 40 by now). Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein (his real name is Doyle Caiafa), triumphant. Here is a picture of him for those who do not know who he is, or what I mean when I say Devilock or Fiend Makeup.

doyle2127zf.gif

20 Eyes, an old Misfits song, immediately begins. Everyone sings along, people start crowdsurfing and moshing like hell. By the end of the song, Doyle is playing his guitar so hard that all the strings break, and he goes off stage.

"Doyle just broke the hell out of his guitar," Danzig laughs. Doyle came out with a spare copy of his custom Annihilator Guitar, which apparently doesn't have a volume control - only "loudest".

I think they followed it up with Skulls, but I don't remember which order it went in. I remember them playing Green Hell, too. Danzig starts screaming some stuff that I can't understand, and at the same time as everyone else, I realize what's going on. The band and the crowd goes quiet again. "MOMMY.... Can I go out and... KILL TONIGHT!?!!!!" It was so beautiful. Tears rushed to my eyes, though it was probably because of the dehydration and insane headbanging I was participating in at the time. About 6 songs later, they play "Last Caress", and Danzig begins to speak normally again:

"Alright, we got one more with Doyle...." The band starts playing, Doyle fucking hammering his guitar with his fists like there's no tomorrow.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ARE ONE THIRTY EIGHT!" the crowd sings along. When the song finishes with "EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT... EIGHT!!!", Doyle leaves the stage.

I felt some of the crowd's energy leave with him, but then Danzig started playing "How the Gods Kill", which has a quiet but pretty introduction. Nearly 50 of us took lighters out of their pockets and waved them back and forth slowly. Maybe 10 songs later, they play Mother and leave the stage.

The crowd begins chanting his name. "Danzig, danzig, danzig, danzig!"

The drummer returns, and begins playing. The guitarist and bassist also take their place, and begin playing an all-too-familiar riff. "Twist of Cain" (which was a more fitting ending)! Danzig runs out on stage, and begins singing. It was insanely awesome. When they finished, Danzig wouldn't leave. He called Doyle out to the stage, and whispered something in his ear, away from his microphone. He turned to the audience.

"Alright, here's a song that Metallica fucked up a while ago. ONETWOTHREE die die die my darling! Just shut your pretty mouth!"

The perfect concert ends with "Die Die My Darling".

Scott and I had a damn good time.[/size]

^haha nice its cool bro. I also saw Danzig play with Doyle and I was just about as excited as you were haha. It was amazing everyone was going crazy. I also saw him when he came with Steve Zing and they played Samhain songs. I just about creamed myself