What do you think is the single best Opeth song?

gotham

May 1, 2001
Maine
www.geocities.com
I know a lot of people think it's Black Rose Immortal but that may have something to do more with it's length than anything else. For me, that is a great song but a little too meandering. My pick for the single best Opeth tune is:

Blackwater Park

Originally posted by gotham
interesting that 4 of 5 picks so far are from Blackwater Park

well, bwp, though not the fan-favorite, was their most mature work, and the most well-rounded.

i'm gonna have to say bleak, as well, with godheads lament in a close second.

I think I would have to go with Bleak. The Moor, the Leper Affinity, and Deliverance are all close though.

Since I first heard Orchid back in 1995 I have always loved The Twilight Is My Robe. Together with The Moor it´s the Opeth track that have touched me the most. At the moment Wreath and Deliverance is almost up there with them. But my all time favorite still has to be The Twilight Is My Robe.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
The Drapery Falls

To my ears, this song culminates everything that is Opeth

It took me a bit to get past the "Pull me down again" part, I almost wrote the song off as "that catchy one," but they only do that part twice pretty early in the song, there's actually a lot of meat on the bone in the remainder of the song

White Cluster. Don't know why exactly, but that is just how it happens to be. Althought I play every Opeth song about a million times cause they all are loved by me.