What does everyone think of "Leaving The Past Behind"?

I have not listened to it for a looooooong time. I'm a bad fan :(

Hm, I somewhat prefer all TM since Urban is with the band over the older stuff, though "Sender of Thoughts" was my first contact with the band.
Do you know "Sender of thoughts"? Imho "Leaving the past behind" is pretty much in the same vein.
Judging from your nick name you should definitely enjoy that stuff since it's much more prog than the sound they have nowadays. It's quite dark, mid-tempo.
I'm not the biggest prog fan in the world hence my lack of knowledge to name some other comparisons.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
I have not listened to it for a looooooong time. I'm a bad fan :(

Hm, I somewhat prefer all TM since Urban is with the band over the older stuff, though "Sender of Thoughts" was my first contact with the band.
Do you know "Sender of thoughts"? Imho "Leaving the past behind" is pretty much in the same vein.
Judging from your nick name you should definitely enjoy that stuff since it's much more prog than the sound they have nowadays. It's quite dark, mid-tempo.
I'm not the biggest prog fan in the world hence my lack of knowledge to name some other comparisons.

I love "Sender Of Thoughts"! Very dark, beautiful, elegant record.

I also love TM's current direction.... the power metal style.... "Matters Of The Dark" rules!

I think Leaving the Past Behind is one of their best albums with Andren on vocals. Although it's one of their earliest works, I think the songwriting is amazing and everything is performed excellent. I love it.

NP: Pentagram - Bir