What does "Terria" mean and tell me all what you think of this album

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
It's so beautiful I don't even know what to say. Devin's lyrics on it are so poetic and cerebral. I've yet to decipher what they all hide beneath them.... what does everyone else think of this album? How do you guys rank it among the other stuff released by him and what other opinions do you have that you'd like to share with me and other DT fans?

Terria is earth in latin as far as I know and I think the album is godly, keeps surprising me. It was my first Devin album and I didn't know what to expect and with the first listen it was like track one; bling, olives, blong, fancy a drink I thought oh my god what have I bought! but with further listen I was impressed

I have basically came to this conclusion. Devin will only make a bad album if he CHOOSES to.

Terria to me is one of my favorite sing-a-long albums out there. It has Devin's heaviness, more in mood, and for certain has Devin's ability to paint gorgeous, huge atmopsheres in the background.....

My favs: Earth Day, Deep Peace and Mountain.

9.5/10

on the other hand, ocean machine - biomech is an opposite theme about water. most of his lyrics cant be understood by themselves ofcourse, but most can be related to life experiences. i dont see much activities in this forum section.

I like to think of Devin's music in these kinda terms..

SYL = Fire
Ocean Machine = Water
Terria = Earth
Physicist = Clouds
Infinity = Universe
Devin Townsend Band = Soul

Terria I think can only be experienced when you take a road trip through BC or from Seattle to BC.....
Or through a rainstorm in the mountains.....I listen to it flying to Edmonton last year, and going over mountains ans listening to the song "Canada" was a religious experience for me.
This man is so freakin awesome Im going to wet myself. LOL

terria was my first devin album after syl...and honestly, it took me a while to get into. but once you "get" this album (for some, right away, for others like myself, after quite a few spins) its awe inspiring, really. the way deep peace progresses and crescendos (going...going...gone...) gives me chills every time. the music is just so vast and epic you definitely feel connected to the universe or something when you listen...incredible stuff. probably my favorite of everything he's done.

When I play Physicist at work, the secretary's bird goes nuts. I can play anything else and the bird doesn't give a shit. If I play Devy the bird sings along. Bird's love Devy. I told the secretary this and she just gave me a strange look.

Terria is am amazing album, its one of my favorite Devy album. That and AE are my 2 favs.

It's an incredible album, and probably his finest work with DTB. I absolutely love everything the man does.

I just bought it today after having had it downloaded for a while.

The weird thing is, on disk 2, if you let it auto run to the menu and go to the live video files, it only gives you five, but if you manually open the disk and go into the MPEG folder, there are seven live videos.

it's a great album, but I like Ocean Machine better. Terria is at times just too much "over the top". also, I don't like "nobody's here" and "stagnant" that much because they don't seem very original to me. of course, "Deep Peace" is one of the best things I have ever heard.