What guitar is that?

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
guitarsBG04.jpg
guitarsBG03.jpg

I'm talking about the one on the left. These are two of the background-images of the Fender homepage. Looks like some kind of Tele but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody know that model?

Öwen;8271793 said:
Looks very similar to this one:

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0262350538

Which is a Tele Thinline. Obviously not exactly the same though, but thats the only tele I can see that looks remotely like it.
Yeah, I thought maybe the one in the pictures is a Proto-Type of the Jim Adkins model or so.
If you look closely it seems possible that the F-holes have been photoshopped out! But obviously the Pickups are different and the bridge is as well. What kind of bridge ist that anyway? String-thru-body?
Tele, Tele, Tele, Strat...
The position of the pickup switch and the pots are similar to a 72 Telecaster...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Tele. Unfortunetaly i couldn't find the exact model. Feature-wise and from it's looks it's really appealing to me.
looks like a burns london model - but the one im thinking about is green. i dont know if they make red ones.

http://www.burnsguitars.com/

thats the link, they make some beautiful guitars
Since I got this picture from the Fender website I doubt it's a Burns guitar but thanks for the link.

If you look closely it seems possible that the F-holes have been photoshopped out! But obviously the Pickups are different and the bridge is as well. What kind of bridge ist that anyway? String-thru-body?

I just noticed that there are two different bridges on the two photos. The first is a wrap-around (Gibson style) and the other some sort of stop-tailpiece with the Fender typical saddles.

Yeah... maybe a prototype. Strange...

And so am I.

Look closely! ;)

Especially on the position of the ball ends. They're different...
Actually now I can see it too. :)

The first pic has a wrap-around bridge while on the second the ball-ends don't seem to be wrapped around the whole bridge but only half of it.
Do I make myself clear? :lol:

Also the second bridge seems to be bigger. Check the screws that connect the bridge to the body. That makes it kinda obvious.

Still: Don't know where to get that guitar... :loco: