What guitar pedal should I buy?

Roy

Sep 16, 2003
England
Hi Guys

What's the best guitar pedal for direct recording? I've heard Line POD 6 V2 is good. Does anyone know if you can use it to create an acoustic guitar sound usinh the electric guitar?

Thanks

Roy

line six makes good stuff, don't own anything from them though.
i use a boss metal zone (distortion) directly for recording, sounds awesome, doesn't sound any different than when playing straight out of your amp.

Heres how you can get a good sound recorded

1... Save your money don't buy a pedal
2... buy a tube amp
3... buy a cabinet
4... buy a good condensor mic
5... set it up and record into your comp

WAY better tone than you could get with any pedal! ever unless you bought some shitty solid state amp or some faggy tube amp like a B - 52

Now since you probably don't have money and i am sure you want to do this asap

Pro Co Turbo Rat! and EQ pedal

Myrmidonlord666 said:
Heres how you can get a good sound recorded

1... Save your money don't buy a pedal
2... buy a tube amp
3... buy a cabinet
4... buy a good condensor mic
5... set it up and record into your comp

WAY better tone than you could get with any pedal! ever unless you bought some shitty solid state amp or some faggy tube amp like a B - 52

Now since you probably don't have money and i am sure you want to do this asap

Pro Co Turbo Rat! and EQ pedal

while i'd totally agree with this, pedals that offer a decent alternative:

Pod2.0 & Vamp. Boss GT-6&8 as well.

Boss, not Line6, makes an effect that does a fairly good job at reproducing an acoustic guitar sound from an electric, but it's still not quite there.

Oh, and guitar effects aren't goin to get you as good a sound as the real thing, but if you don't want to get stuck with the expenses incurred with the real thing, the Pod and V-Amp are the best things to use, especially if you live in an apartment and want to record something at 3 am. Some software also has built-in amp simulation.