what happened to former bassist Kai K. Lie?

Jonki

Apr 1, 2004
Im really curious what he is doing now. Great bassist though, killer bass lines on The Olden Domain & The Archaic Course, i just love'em! :headbang: and why did he quit?

thanks for all answers

Jonki :)

i dont mean to bump this thread, but im interested what he did after borknagar.

:Spin:

...I never got any proper reason why he quit the band. He just called me one evening when I was in England and told me that he wanted to leave. Though, he was a close friend of Erik(Grim) who quit the band a couple of weeks before. I belive he didn't feel confortable in the band anymore due to this and decided to leave.

Innipunn said:
And why did Grim leave?

Right :OMG: , are you serious ??

the reason Grim isn't in Borknagar anymore has something to do with him being not alive anymore ! :Smug:
....see some reviews from metalmagazines for that..
I would have have linked to the Borknagar site, weren't it for the fact that it isn't fully operational at the moment..

CyR1c said:
Right :OMG: , are you serious ??

the reason Grim isn't in Borknagar anymore has something to do with him being not alive anymore ! :Smug:
....see some reviews from metalmagazines for that..
I would have have linked to the Borknagar site, weren't it for the fact that it isn't fully operational at the moment..
I am pretty sure Grim commited suicide in 1999.

he decided to focus on his studies and his personal live

pd: i think that's what ive red in the website some years ago when he left the band

Oceana said:
he decided to focus on his studies and his personal live

pd: i think that's what ive red in the website some years ago when he left the band

Well, I asked the same question to Simen in those days when they were on tour with Cradle of Filth,
and he told me that Grim wanted to focus on studying history....

later I heard that he commited suicide...

from an Immortal interview, Abbath said that Grim was manic depressive, he was so depressed that he combined anti-depressiva pills and alcohol, that was the cause of his death. RIP

the good ones always have to go so soon. quorthon, euronymous, dead, it's just a sad situation.