what is this?

KeithRT99

BOOSH.
Nov 8, 2005
Vallejo,CA
www.soundclick.com
what is this black thing behind the nut on his guitar? and what is it for.
Fear-Factory---2.jpg

and yes that facial expression is hilarious.

I'm curious as well. When I saw Devin Townsend live, he had one on his guitar too. Maybe something to reduce strings ringing out too much?

I guess it wouldnt matter if its behind the nut since it doesnt have a Floyd:the strings would still vibrate on the foam and be affected by it's presence. I wish i knew a way to get that effect on a Floyd-equiped guitar- anyone?

Nebulous said:
I guess it wouldnt matter if its behind the nut since it doesnt have a Floyd:the strings would still vibrate on the foam and be affected by it's presence. I wish i knew a way to get that effect on a Floyd-equiped guitar- anyone?

*refreshing sigh*

Yet another reason why I hate the FR bridge. Chalk that up with not having nearly as much sustain, low-end chunk, capability to stay in tune when you break a string, tuning issues, string changing issues, and capability to stay in tune for unison bends- compared to a hard-tail or, my personal favorite, a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. I leave the FR crap at the studio for bands to do stupid pointless shit like dive-bombs and harmonic vibrato and keep the real bridge equipped guitars at home for myself. :p

~006

At first i'd like to say hello to everyone in this forum. This is my first post!

I use used socks to reduce the buzz. The smell of it also helps the player to get the right attitude!:yuk: (just jokin')
I also put something under the springs of my FR to reduce the noise, works pretty good!

But after all I'm not sure what it really is on the picture above...

Greetz, Niels.

No more questions! Thanks for the link! Everything is a circle and comes back to it's beginning, again and again and again and...:Spin:

Niels