What kind of Katatonia fan are you?

What's your choice?

• Total voters

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
I've always wondered what background most of the Katatonia listeners come from. There seems to a wide variety, ranging from extreme metallers (Death/Black) to classic Heavy/Power metallers, prog-listeners (Opeth, Porcupine Tree etc.), people who only listen to soft rock and even goths. There's also a lot of Doom fans of course, thanks to DoDS and BMD.

So, what music do you mostly listen to beside Katatonia?

I would place myself in the extreme metal category, as I'm into a whole fuckload of Death Metal beside more mellow favourites as Katatonia, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Isis and so on.

I voted for progressive, because it's the genre I listen to the most of the time lately. But I listen to all the stuff listed, except for powermetal...
btw, I don't like genres...:p

i voted prog. though i do listen to a lot music that wouldnt be considered prog. this topic is gonna be flamed in a few posts by someone who hates genres. gauranteed. i dont particularily like to choose a fav genre myself.

i also listen to all genres mentioned except power metal... hm... but often i need some brutal sound so i vote for death metal ^^

hmm...well i dont like extreme metal or power metal so it just depends on the band really. Although that is a pretty limited list

Vincent J. said:
But I listen to all the stuff listed, except for powermetal...

But I love almost all genres mentioned though except power.

Weathered said:
i also listen to all genres mentioned except power metal...

jptk said:
hmm...well i dont like extreme metal or power metal

arewestarting tose a patern?!
me,ilisten to everythingexcept powermetal... :p

As said above^, almost everything except for powermetal :p
But mostly progressive/death like stuff.

I'm here to break the chain. Give me a Hammerfall or Rhapsody album and I'll be singing along the whole night ;)

I picked the first 4 because Death Metal and Black Metal obviously kick ass. Who can resist some Severe Torture, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Nokturnal Mortum, Dawn, or Carpathian Forest?

And since I love listening to music that's very moody and melancholic I go for Doom. I prefer My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost (Older), Atrox (First Album), Candlemass, Morgion, Swallow The Sun, Old Katatonia ov corpse...

Then we have Heavy Metal, Power Metal and Thrash. In which I take some Iced Earth, Sentenced, Evergrey, Rhapsody, Dragonforce, Edguy, Exodus, Vio-Lence, and some Kreator...mix it up...and there you have me.

Then lastly Prog. MMM gimme some Dream Theater, Symphony X, Some Opeth, Aztec Jade and I'm a winner. Ok I'll stop.

It's hard to decide. I mean, I listen to a lot of stuff from different genres. I love listening to porcupine tree, new paradise lost but also Dark Tranquillity ( The new album kick ass, I bought the ltd edition with the different cover that includes lots of extras \m/), Nevermore. That means, progressive, doom/gothic, and Melodic Death Metal/Thrash. But I can't say that I'm fan of all bands or a lot of bands that belong to a specific genre. Death Metal gets annoying and borring If it's not played well for example.I won't say more. I'll probably vote Progressive and Classic Metal, although ''classic'' isn't the right word as I listen bands from up to 90's