Robert Phantom

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2017
What's up Metal Heads!!
My Name is Robert Phantom
I have a Youtube Channel Dedicated to talking about Heavy Metal & Gaming as well as posting my own personal Music and Artwork

My question to you is what in your opinion makes a bad metal band? What just ruins a good band for you?

Thank You for your replies
and thank you if you watch my video it truly means a lot to me!!

Reactions: The Butt
It's even worse than that really. He's borderline adbotting his YouTube video, probably after googling "heavy metal forum"
Just wanted to make it very clear that I am not trying to spam anything or offend anyone I would just like to talk with my fellow metal head brothers and sisters.........I'm new to this community so I thought it would be alright for me to share a bit of who I am with this forum

Trust me when I say that I'm just trying to start a dialogue and make some new friends
Robert Phantom

Last edited:
This question is not as simple as you seem to think.

Also, you should have named the bands you don't like in your video. Nothing is more annoying to me then someone who tries endlessly to be some boring, neutral piece of bland shit.

> What Makes A Bad Band
>"Don't forget, be nice to each other."

That. Fuck nice people.

This question is not as simple as you seem to think.

Also, you should have named the bands you don't like in your video. Nothing is more annoying to me then someone who tries endlessly to be some boring, neutral piece of bland shit.

> What Makes A Bad Band
>"Don't forget, be nice to each other."

That. Fuck nice people.
Are you calling me a bland piece of shit? It's alright if you don't enjoy my content but I don't think I said or did anything that warrants that sort of response.......the point of the video was not for me to shit on other bands it was to start a dialogue with my fellow metal heads

How do you start a dialogue if you're being that neutral?
Listen I have no problem with you OK......I'm not trying to be hostile with you in any way shape or form ......and I'm being neutral because I'm simply talking about a topic..... I didn't create this video to talk shit about bands that I don't personally enjoy......and I also didn't create this video to start an argument with others.....I simply wanted to ask other people's opinions on the topic......I did however hint at things I'm not a fan of in metal music.........but if just created a video talking shit about bands that I don't like I would instantly be alienating people who might enjoy the sort of bands that I hate........and I'm honestly the sort of person who doesn't judge others based on what they like or don't like......everyone has their reasons for liking or hating something

I have no idea how you can discuss what makes a metal band bad if you won't even give specific examples of what you find bad. So, eh whatever.

I have no idea how you can discuss what makes a metal band bad if you won't even give specific examples of what you find bad. So, eh whatever.
If you are interested in what I personally don't like I would have to say that when a band sounds whiney like someone who just lost their girlfriend I personally can no longer stand to hear them lol I'm also not big on high pitched squeals and screeches where the singer sounds like a tire squealing.........I also have a hard time with dance music being mixed into the metal for me it just kind of clashes

Alternative rock influence (e.g. black metal).

Shit taste.
confused.gif

Reactions: The Butt