What Makes Me So Angry!!

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
OK, i know you guys probably aren't fans of Green Day. (netheir am I) but I got a job doing the production of a contest song a fansite is having. they are having fans put entries up of them playing each instrument (to a click track) each week and voting on finalist. It will take a month to get all layers. Then I'll mix/master it.

The first week is up, and it's drums.

TWO OF THE ENTRIES OR EZDRUMMER!!! I swear to god I know that's it. No doubt, straight EZDrummer, no live play. That maens, NO DRUMMING SKILLS. Real drummers that submitted (Who are good) are being shunned by perfect programed kits that the contest owner says "Is no big deal" That's bullshit.

Go ahead and take a listen, maybe they are live and i'm a bad ear

http://greendayauthority.com/contests/

Listen to the entries by

Jeff Strong and Janick.

Yeah, definitely EZD.

Sad thing is, the others don't really sound good enough to be used in an actual recording like it seems they've set out to do.

How do win competition? :shruggy:

Grab someone's midi, load sampler of choice, load samples of choice, export wave ---> fame 'n tits.

LAME

Exactly. I think the first one has best quality. Tim I think it is. It's sad, that those were the "best". They could have at least oversampled the drums.....

Snare drags?
I don't know what they are called technically-- but when the stick is bounced on the snare creating a bunch of ghost notes in a row. I always call them drags b/c thats often what they look like.
Listen to the verse of "jeff strongs" entry. They are perfectly in time which is so unnatural sounding it is hilarious.

Yeah. They are called just ghost notes on the presets in EZDrummer.

The admin to that site told me it sounds real to him.

*slaps forehead*

It's called a buzz roll.

more_you_know1.jpg