What Music Do Yer Like.

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
O.K. WE ALL LOVE METAL/ROCK OR WHATEVER IT GETS CALLED NOW DAYS.BUT WHAT OTHER TYPES OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO.I AM A MASSIVE BLUES FAN(20S,30,AND40S).ILOVE ROBERT JOHNSON,CHARLEY PATTON ANDSCRAPPER BLACKWELL. I ALSO LIKE GANGSTA RAP(THANX ANTHRAX) IT HAS LOADS OF ENERGY AND LIKE METAL IS QUITE OFTEN RIDDICULED.I GREW UP LISTENING TO PUNKSO I HAVE SOFT SPOT FOR THAT ALSO.

Occaisionaly Wilks I like a bit of Trance and Hard-House . Only if the wife slips me a little vitamin:) first mind:cool:
I dont like it that much that I know Djs names and stuff though!

Same here Wilks love the blues all the styles Chicogo, Delta, Texas, barrel house, low down, all, and have a great affinity for Jazz Duke Ellington, Count basie, Miles davis as well as vocal styles like Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone. :)

I've got a pretty varied taste in music really, and have got alsorts in my CD collection - blues, jazz, country, opera, punk, pop, metal. The only type of music I don't like is rave/trance/garage whatever you call it. In my opinion that is totally crap and I honestly can't see how people like it, or what there is to like about it. Sorry conquistador!

No need to appologise Pax, I too have a varied taste in music, but did not list everything for fear of boring you all to death. As for the 'Dance' stuff, it too has a time and a place, you can maybe party with us some time. The world and this board would be a very dull place if we all had the same tastes and likes. As for C&W well...

When I said country, I kind of meant stuff like Shania Twain. Not the stuff that goes - "I lost my job, my woman died, my dog left me, I'm at the end of a whiskey bottle" blah blah blah!

Thanks for the invite to party. But if your gonna be playing dance/trance............er I'm busy that day! :lol:

Yeah, my BIG interest is metal/hard rock but I also like rap/metal ( such as system of a down), rap, techno/trance but i appreciate all types of music, and have i bit of a crush in Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody :D

I'm proud to say that I'm very narrow minded when it comes to music. I am a Purest :D My favourite styles are obviously Traditional and Power Metal, but I like Thrash (Annihilator .etc.), Some Death (Children of Bodom, etc.) and 80s Hard Rock (Accept, etc. ) and AOR styles (Kansas, etc.) I also can tolerate bluesy rock (ZZ Top). I happen to hate the majority of Nu Metal, I also despise Grunge and Alternative.

In other Genre's I can bare to listen to some Irish and folk music and there are occasionally an odd 70s or 80s pop song that I may like.

In these times I absolutely fucking hate all this Fame Academy, Popstar hyped fabricated bullshit. I can honestly say that I could not name one song that's in the UK charts at the minute and that I've not watched top of the pops since Jesus was a lad.

I'm also very bitter against shite music mags like kerrang (who tried to kill proper metal)

I also occasionally enjoy a good whinge and getting things off my chest. So here's a big you 'FUCK YOU - I hope you get burgled on Christmas Eve' to any stray pop fans who might occasionally turn up here :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm...I'm left speechless at Eagle's outburst..bit harsh wishing for them to get burgled, aint it? :lol: Each to his own, I say!! Anyway, as Paxoman will tell you - I'm never speechless for long, so here goes... :D

I, too, have a very varied taste in music - I will listen to most things, but tend to stay away from Blues/Jazz/Garage/Hip hop and all that type of shite - you know, the stuff that just goes thud thud thud and has about 5 "lyrics" in it, yet the song lasts about 10 minutes!! :lol: I DO like the occasional "Ibiza anthem" though, but they are very few and far between!

Obviously, my fave music is rock, but I do like some "nu metal" and some "country"...you know, Shania Twain, Lonestar, even Garth Brooks!! And if anyone doesn't like my taste in music, well that's just TOUGH!! :lol: :D

I agree with Eagle, this Popstar and the Fame Factory is totally shit. It's just guys/girls with good voices and dancing skills, and they get all their songs at a paper, I hate when a group don't write and perform their own songs, but the totally worst popsong I ever heard is that "Ketchup Song" JUST:mad: :mad: :mad: when I hear it on the radio. It doesn't matter what kind of music it is, It just bothers me when a group gets famous with someone else's songs!(O/D SAXON :lol: )

Personally I like all sorts of stuff. My record collection see's System of a Down next to Status Quo, Anthrax next to Tori Amos, Madonna next to Misfits, and Inspiral Carpets next to In Flames.
My taste is mainly metal but If I like it I buy it, and don't give a fuck what others think.

GOOD ATTITUDE BLACKLAGOON. I GOTTA ADMIT I USED TO BE NARROW MINDED BUT I THINK THAT CHANGES AS YOU GET OLDER. I HAVE ALWAYS LISTEN TO A LOT OF PUNK.FUNNY THING WAS ALL OF ME MATES WHO LIKED METAL USED TO GO ON ABOUT HOW PUNK BANDS COULDNT PLAY OR SING.THAT WAS WHAT THE WHAM FANS SAID ABOUT METAL AND THEY WOULD GO MAD.

I like alot of different stuff. I can kick back and pop in a Cranberries CD anytime. But my secret passion contemporary 70s music. Stuff like Looking Glass, Leo Sayer and the Stylistics.

I love Punk and Hardcore! I've seen Agnostic Front too many times to count.

I, like Eagle am also quite narrow minded when it comes to music, I love the stuff from NWOBHM era, 'kin hated stuff like Nirvana (although i do like the Foo Fighters, Daves best move if you ask me) I love punk also, but mainly the really crass football terrace style stuff (Sham 69, Cockney Rejects etc). All in all, stuff that kicks the shit out of you with not a ballad in site! ie Backyard Babies! Rock n Roll!!

PS Eagle, you must be one of the very select few rockers in Hull, therefore there stands a chance you might know a mate of mine whos recently moved back up there, his names Rob Goodwin and he's a small scotsman with long hair and a good taste in music. Know him?

To Macc189,

I too am a big fan on the 'NWOBHM' era. I was a little bit too young to truely appreciate it at the time though. However Dragonmaiden wasn't :lol: (Lucky Gitt).

I can't say that I know your mate by name but I'll keep my eyes open. As he's probably told you - Hull's rock scene is not exactly outstanding!

He phoned me up about a fortnight ago and talked about this night out he had in a cellar or something, could have been a nightclub with three floors, the bottom playing rock, you probably know where Im talking about and according to him, someone with long hair in Hull is regarded as an oddball:mad: which is lame anywhere you go, but in a city where things are supposed to be a bit more 'across the board' it must be bad.