What music have you been digging of late?

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
Just a general query to try and get some chatter going, what been boiling your giblets of late? I found 2 of my fav Jethro Tull albums on vinyl, so they have been my main jams for a few days...

I've got nothing in particular at the moment. I'm mainly about the random mix and "Artists related to" button on Spotify. There're a few decent things floating around, but nothing that's changed my life at all.

I saw The Charge play a few weeks ago at a pub in Footscray and was really impressed, so bought a couple of their albums. I've been listening to them a bit, along with a spot of Marty Friedman and Napalm Death.

I've been really appreciating Stormwitch lately. I love power metal when it's done right more than almost every other kind of metal.

I've been pretty stuck into stoner type stuff for the last 12 months plus. Uncle Acid, Egypt, Black Pyramid, The Sword, Kadavar and such.

Also been giving heaps of play to latest releases from iamamiwhoami and Editors. If you've ever enjoyed Kate Bush, check out the iamamiwhoami album Blue. It's amazing.

European (especially Swedish) stoner and blues rock bands have been my favourite thing to listen to for the last two years or so. Blues Pills, Dexter Jones' Circus Orchestra, Witchrider, Jeremy Irons & the Ratgang Malibus and Vintage Caravan are all awesome.

I see a lot of talk about the Euro stoner stiff, but I never seem to get around to checking it out.

Also, has anyone else here checked out the new Brian Fallon album, good Americana rock stuff

My album/band discovery of the year so far is Inglorious. They are like a modern Whitesnake/Purple with an phenomenal singer.
I saw them open for The Winery Dogs in London and was hooked from the first song. They also threw Rainbow's 'I Surrender' and TOTO's 'Girl Goodbye' into the set...

Check out a couple of songs:

Until I Die

Holy Water

Fool For Your Loving (Whitesnake Cover)

I've been loving Alter Bridge lately.
All 4 albums are really great.
Looking forward to their new one in a month or 2.

Also liking the 2 Tremonti solo albums.

Also listening to The Dear Hunter, Jellyfish, XTC, Steven Wilson (Hand Cannot Erase), the new Frost* album.

Inglorious sound really good. Thanks for the heads up. Will check them out further.

I've listened to Alter Bridge a lot online, but had never bought an album, so a few days ago ordered Blackbird, which is only $10 or so on WowHD. I've seen them live a couple of times and they're excellent. I'm not a big fan of their radio friendly numbers, but the other stuff is much better.

I've been revisiting some doom metal and getting into more black metal. Currently listening to Forest of Equilibrium by Catherdral and Pure Holocaust by Immortal.