What new gear are you guys planning for 2008?

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
If the cash flow starts coming in, I'd like to get my MOTU 828 mkII modified by BLA, a new 8pre ADAT, a nicer tube pre, high end cables, a few more 57's, condensors, blah blah. Oh and another 22" would be a nice dual screen setup.

:lol:

What about you chaps?

Maybe some high end monitors or something.

:p

Build my rack
buy another dual rectifier (had to try the 5150 :rolleyes:)
set of decent monitors
a nice vocal pre as well as a nice condenser mic

I really need another high gain amp. My only tube amp is a Rivera designed fender and unless you're going for semi-loose heavy distortion, it doesn't cut for metal.

I've been playing out of Peavey Blazer 158. :lol:

A new computer(im a really poor student), and if i get enough money this christmas, i might buy myself an Atomic reactor or something for my pod.

If all goes well in the summerjob-front, here's my planned upgrades:

2 x 20" NEC MultiSync 2070VX displays
Apple MacBook (+2 GB)
Little Labs RedEye
FMR Real Nice Compressor
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Pop filter
Audix i5
Sennheiser MD421
Shure SM57
+ cables and a stand

And maybe a 5150/6505 if I can find one at a nice price.

If I can I would really like to set myself up with amazing monitoring. I stopped by a mastering house in nashville the other day. The rooms were unbelievable.

Peavey JSX or ENGL Blackmore top (maybe even during this year)
SM57
Rode Shockmount SM2 (it's goddamn expensive compared to SM1!)
Edwards Les Paul (Gibson is waaay too pricey, I've heard nothing but praises on these beauties)
22" LCD (Samsung 226BW looks like a good choice, any suggestions?)
maybe a Toshiba notebook and some drumkit mic set

Peavey JSX or ENGL Blackmore top (maybe even during this year)
SM57
Rode Shockmount SM2 (it's goddamn expensive compared to SM1!)
Edwards Les Paul (Gibson is waaay too pricey, I've heard nothing but praises on these beauties)
22" LCD (Samsung 226BW looks like a good choice, any suggestions?)
maybe a Toshiba notebook and some drumkit mic set

I really like my Dell 22". Not sure of the model but it's not the HD one. I think they are like ~230$ USD.

I forgot about a Macbook Pro, I need one of those.

Or a 24" iMac. :lol:

Edwards Les Paul or Schecter Hellraiser for me, Warwick Corvette $$, eventually a new head (Engl Blackmore or 5150).

For all this stuff I have to sell some old guitars and stuff (almost everything is just laying around and most of it were from a time when I had to buy stuff because of some event but hadn't money for something better): Peavey Vandenberg, Samick 5 String Bass, Ibanez Randy Rhoads, Marshall Valvestate 100, Laney 2x12, Randall RH100, Flying V Copy (forgot the brand name, not that bad).

Schecter Hellraiser FR, Distressor, Metric Halo Channel Strip, Shure SM7, and a good condenser specifically for vocals. I'm also in the process of ordering all the parts I need to build an SSL buss compressor clone...I have the schematic and it shouldn't be too difficult. At this point, I'm not paying any $2500 for the real deal...

For the studio, we're planning on getting:
A good compressor (1 distressor for tracking or a stereo comp for master buss duties), uad LA610, md421, sm7, + bunch of other mics, 2 channels of neve style pres.

For personal use:
Reamping box (don't know which one yet), new pickup for my guitar, Mbox 2 pro or digi003/002, at least 2 channels of good DA conversion, possibly a quad core mac. I also want a RTAS pitch shift plugin and a stereo widener plugin (Any recommendations?).

I just bought a Mesa4x12 cab and Api A2D, so my bank account is looking quite empty :-D.

Schecter Hellraiser FR, Distressor, Metric Halo Channel Strip, Shure SM7, and a good condenser specifically for vocals. I'm also in the process of ordering all the parts I need to build an SSL buss compressor clone...I have the schematic and it shouldn't be too difficult. At this point, I'm not paying any $2500 for the real deal...

How much have you spent on all the parts? How much time are you expected to put into it?

Gnna upgrade my MOTU 828MKII rig to a Digidesign 002 rack, then get a mackie universal control with the extra 8 channel extension. Maybe another SM57, a Samson kick mic, and a set of cheap mics for the toms.

would love a 5150, but i want to get my recording gear first

My list is too big to post everything.

But for now it's Protools Digi 003, New quad core mac, pair of Yamaha hs 80's, SM7, 1 SM57, API 512 mic pre.

I'm looking to get my touring rig sorted over the next few months:

2 Ampeg B2RE heads,
DBX 166XL,
MXR Bass DI+,
Sennheiser G2 Wireless IEM
Fully flight rack,
Mesa Road Ready 6x10,
Custom shop Warwick Corvette $$ 5 (Bartolini's, French Violet Gloss, Gold h/w, Wenge neck, Ebony fretboard, custom inlay)

Not even thinking about recording gear at the moment, the bass rig is the most important thing right now.