What should Hypocrisy's next album sound like?

What should Hypocrisy's next album sound like?

• Penetralia

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Osculum Obscenum

• The Fourth Dimension

• Abducted

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • The Final Chapter

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Hypocrisy

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Into the Abyss

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Catch 22

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The Arrival

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Virus

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
It should sound however Peter Tatgren wants it to sound. Peter's musicianship never lets me down.

there has been several times i've read this thread when i was drunk and it made me angry. I was gonna post about how horrible of a topic it is, but i didn't want to feel like an ass the next day.

It is still a horrible topic though. Hypocrisy albums are always different, and so far, they always sound awesome! The only two that one could say sound similar are O.O. and Penetrailia.

I refuse to vote of this. I know it was just an idea, but...

nah its not really a bad topic at all ,seeing as how peter has already taken the band to all sides of death metal already. The next record will sound like a previous one. The only thing he could could really do on the next record that would sound different is go straight up swedish death, or just completly switch to black or doom metal, and I dont think he will, although Id love to hear a Hypocrisy doom album.

bonesnjoints said:
Catch 22 would be interesting.

i still wont vote, but i guess ill participate.

I loved catch 22 but if hypocrisy put out another one or anything like it. they'll get shit on again.

sad but true.

As long as it's original, but sounds great, that's all that really matters! But I would love to hear stuff that reminds me of 'Virus' & 'Hypocrisy'/'Final Chapter'/'Abducted'/'Arrival' type stuff.:Spin:

it will sound as it will sound!

IN PETE WE TRUST!!! :headbang:

BUT, for the record :

I'd like something like Virus...with a lil more of THE FINAL CHAPTER IN IT...with one or 2 songs that sound like the self titled...like Elastic inverted visions or until the end...yanno kinda very catchy, uplifting, with both the clean and the screetching vocal at the same time :D

but yeah

since Hypocrisy has 2 new memebers who participate actively in the song writing, lets look forward and not BEHIND us to find out how the next one will sound ;)

and we will have to wait at least 2007 to get another one....(end of 2006 to be VERY optimistic)