What should i do with 2 GRAND?

pipaguapique

Remember Me
Apr 2, 2010
Chihuahua, Mexico
www.jerryordonez.com
Im getting this money by next week and i need to make decisions on how to spend that money wisely. I need your advice.

Here are some of my "needs":

• new computer (current one can't take load of plugins G5 dual @2.5ghz) or maybe build a i7 pc??
  • another AC unit (only have one for the control room)
  • Waves Platinum (upgrade from gold)
  • API 3124+ (i have 4BLA pres, and 8 PS Digimax)
  • Amp for Ns10s (i have no amp for them yet)
  • PS Central station (do i really need this anyway?)

suggestions are very welcome...thank you

I suppose you could give it to me :D

A new computer would be my choice though if I was you, they are more important than everything else haha

I sugest you to buy an amp for the NS10`s so that you can use them(if you alredy got them), and build a custom PC with the rest of the money...nowadays the PC is the most important thing in our studios, everybody is mixing in the box...we need more and more CPU power...(if you go with the PC route, take a look at the new SSD hard drives, the prices are dropping on them and they are the best choice for your OS)

I sugest you to buy an amp for the NS10`s so that you can use them(if you alredy got them), and build a custom PC with the rest of the money...nowadays the PC is the most important thing in our studios, everybody is mixing in the box...we need more and more CPU power...(if you go with the PC route, take a look at the new SSD hard drives, the prices are dropping on them and they are the best choice for your OS)

this sounds more like something i would do...

...so PC??? for Pro Tools?
i've been looking at quad core macs on ebay and they are running about $1500 with 6GB of RAM

what's the whole deal about SSD drives?

don't buy an average amp for your NS10s. From what I've been reading - NS10s are best paired with Hafler or Bryston amps with plenty of power (way more than NS10s need). I managed to find a Hafler 9303 for £480 from Digital Village (£1100 retail). API would be a great purchase but perhaps an amazing channel strip or 2 would be more suitable?

I thought these amps were what every studio on the planet was using with passive monitors?

Images_003.316182030_std.jpg

Fuck the price tag though.

I thought these amps were what every studio on the planet was using with passive monitors?

Images_003.316182030_std.jpg

Fuck the price tag though.

what?? that's like a twelve rack space unit!!

i guess it comes down to amp and computer...i'm probably gonna be left with $1500 for the computer or maybe a little more.

I'm gonna need some PC specs suggestions guys...(as if you were building your dream machine)

Im getting this money by next week and i need to make decisions on how to spend that money wisely. I need your advice.

Here are some of my "needs":

• new computer (current one can't take load of plugins G5 dual @2.5ghz) or maybe build a i7 pc??
  • another AC unit (only have one for the control room)
  • Waves Platinum (upgrade from gold)
  • API 3124+ (i have 4BLA pres, and 8 PS Digimax)
  • Amp for Ns10s (i have no amp for them yet)
  • PS Central station (do i really need this anyway?)

suggestions are very welcome...thank you

I would put at least 10% away for the when the taxman comes calling but then again i am british..