what song or cd is the best example of martin lopez's drumming?

Sexi Alexi 94

Oct 10, 2006
i wanted to show my friend martin's 'unique' style of drumming, so what is a good song or cd to show his style? i was thinking maybe the damnation album?

Id say go with anything from Deliverence or Ghost Reveries. The older albums are more straight up metal drumming but the newer ones had alot more complex and original ideas.

what the fuck are you guys talking about....

MAYH has some of Opeth's most creative and diverse drumming....sure, he doesn't sound as "tight" as on Deliverance, but it's way more crushing and challenging to play

i'm a drummer, and that's just my two cents...
deliverance has lots of fast double bass and a few polyrhythms...woooo

Ghost Reveries or Damnation, some parts of Deliverance (album). The reason I don't say all of Deliverance is because it has too much double bass and often lacks creativity. As a drummer myself, I'd rather listen to a more inventive style than "fast" rhythms. I'm sick of listening to the same, "difficult" rhythms that everyone and their second cousin plays. Skill is definately a good and important thing to have but if one lacks creativity, that skill is wasted.

This all just my humble opinion, though. I may disagree with some people, but I am certainly not saying they are wrong. Have a nice day!