What speakers would you all reccomend?

espm1000

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks!

My following options are as follows; Celestion G12H80s, Celestion 7080s, Eminence Alnico 122s 35w, Eminence , M12s, Celestion Vintage 30s, Greenbacks , G12H30s, Classic Lead 80s, Eminence Swamp Thangs, Govenors, Private Jacks, Tonkers, Texas Heats. I can't afford the more higher end ones that they offer on this page.

I will be using the cab with an ENGL Fireball.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/G412 black_carpet.htm

I play stuff Ranging from old classic rock to stuff like At The Gates, The Absence, Children of Bodom, Necrophagist, Megadeth. A lot of metal that requires mids.

I would say vintage 30s or greenbacks, I use greenback personally but I also like vintage 30s too.

Thanks, a lot of people say that the V30s are super harsh and I don't have enough money to buy a set and not like them, lol. Yes Pete, I've been listening to people on HCAF :(.

espm1000 said:
Thanks, a lot of people say that the V30s are super harsh and I don't have enough money to buy a set and not like them, lol. Yes Pete, I've been listening to people on HCAF :(.

I wouldn't call V30's harsh, as long as you EQ your amp properly. They have a good midrange to them, so they sound awesome in a band mix, and they record very well. Andy Sneap and Fredrick Nordstrom almost always mic up V30's for their recordings.

Sinister Mephisto said:
If you record go with V30s. They mic up very well.
Sorry to go off topic in my own thread, but Arch Enemy and Nevermore are coming here in a month with God Forbid and Hate Eternal.

That show is TOMRROW here in PHX, I wanna go, but i'm BROKE ASS...someone wanna buy me a ticket? :kickass: I'm goin go the Nevermore/Evergrey/In Flames show in Tucson May 22nd though...fo sho

Death_Work said:
I'm thinking of buying a framus cobra 4x12 to my recto head.
Do you guy's think that would work nicely?

Or should I just go for a cab with V30???
This week I swapped out the speakers in one of my Cobra cabs and put in Vintage 30s. So I actually had a chance to play a V30 cab and a Greenback cab side by side and I have to say I liked the Greenbacks better. The V30s seemed thin and raspy compaired to the others. So im sticking w/ my Greenbacks.