What time does NM generally hit the stage on U.S. tour dates (San Diego)?

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
Heading out into the boondocks of San Diego (Ramona MainStage) tonight and just wondering if anybody had an idea of when NM usually hits the stage. I saw Warrel's solo show there last year and I'm hoping the Neverheadz will be out in full force to pack that place tonight!

This always depends on the venue, day of the week, and city. It has nothing to do with the tour itself. A show may end at 1-2AM in one venue and 10:30PM at another. If you've been there before, then it's likely that the headliner will go on at the same time.

This is just from my experience anyway.

This always depends on the venue, day of the week, and city. It has nothing to do with the tour itself. A show may end at 1-2AM in one venue and 10:30PM at another. If you've been there before, then it's likely that the headliner will go on at the same time.

This is just from my experience anyway.

indeed, when I saw them in SF they went on at something like 10:30 pm and weren't done until like 12:10 am. 4 bands played but each club has a different way of doing things; it's impossible to predict. I usually just allow 30 minutes for each band, 15 minute for set changeovers and that usually gives me a time around when I should show up.

Yeah - it's a guessing game, but I'd rather get there early and be sure than to crawl in there late and be pissed I missed some of it. My main concern was for my wife (designated driver LOL) who loves NM but probably won't be too thrilled to sit through the openers. I do have to say I'm pretty excited to see a NM set that is 90+ minutes !!!!! I'll also be dropping some cash on merch to help the guys out as much as I can - hope to see a lot of hardcore fans out there tonight!

Warrel says "So I'm eating out my Grandmother right? I got my tongue all in there and I find this railroad spike in there. I pull it out and say 'damn Grandma, so that's what killed you!"

Dagna had a nasty joke too while they were working on Van's broken drum pedal....I think it was something along "how long does it take to cook a baby in a microwave? - I don't know, I was busy masturbating".

I give her props - she did a great job filling in for Jim on bass, learning that NM set and keeping it tight with Van all night long. The show overall was pretty good - still not as packed as I hoped but the crowd was great and kept the room full of energy. The venue in Ramona is pretty cool but it is just so far out of San Diego proper that I think it keeps a lot of people away. The sound is good there - Van's drums were awesome and he is tight as fuck, definitely one of metal's underrated drummers. Jeff was certainly the best guitarist in the house and he showed it - he had some anger going but his tone cut through like a knife and he shredded as expected. Attila was smiling all night long as usual and took some good solos, but the vocals were hit and miss....not sure if it was the P.A. or if Warrel was having a tough time hearing things, but a lot of times they were muffled.

They did play "Taste Revenge" and it was the highlight of the night for me - that song sounds great when played in the heavier NM style!

Warrel is going to try out his AXL impressions on this tour, sleep until about 2am. Maybe play for 10 minutes before pulling the plug for another 45. then return and play for an hour to whomever is left.

One night he will make everyone wait until his turkey is finished cooking or the game is over.

Dagna had a nasty joke too while they were working on Van's broken drum pedal....I think it was something along "how long does it take to cook a baby in a microwave? - I don't know, I was busy masturbating".

I give her props - she did a great job filling in for Jim on bass, learning that NM set and keeping it tight with Van all night long. The show overall was pretty good - still not as packed as I hoped but the crowd was great and kept the room full of energy. The venue in Ramona is pretty cool but it is just so far out of San Diego proper that I think it keeps a lot of people away. The sound is good there - Van's drums were awesome and he is tight as fuck, definitely one of metal's underrated drummers. Jeff was certainly the best guitarist in the house and he showed it - he had some anger going but his tone cut through like a knife and he shredded as expected. Attila was smiling all night long as usual and took some good solos, but the vocals were hit and miss....not sure if it was the P.A. or if Warrel was having a tough time hearing things, but a lot of times they were muffled.

They did play "Taste Revenge" and it was the highlight of the night for me - that song sounds great when played in the heavier NM style!

Haha yeah I was trying to remember what she said. That's all I got too I couldn't hear her through some of it. I agree with Van Williams being the man which is why I'm glad a got one of his drum sticks. You wouldn't happen to be the dude I was doing "rock, paper, scissors" with to get it?