What's cooler?

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks

I'm trying to decide on what to wear to the concert on Blind Guardian night.

It depends on what kind of attention you're after. If you want to get noticed by the band, I suggest you sport a 'Galadriel' look.

And the rest of us can have a good laugh. :D

Having said that, I'm going to be dressed like Gimli the Dwarf and wear my Rhapsody underpants.

What's so funny about tunics? Yes, I want to be the center of attention!! And while you guys are laughing at me, be aware that while you might consider my outfit to be silly, that's my idea of fashion. And Bear, don't count on me wearing body paint. I like to cover up as much skin as possible.

I think I'll just decide when I finish the poetry shirt I'm currently working on. If it looks good then I'll probably wear it.

Thats what the smileys are for. Body Paint, I was joking , this isn't the Exotic Erotic ball that we have out here in San Fran :devil:

For me, I am not much into looking like I went AWOL from the Renaissance Faire but if thats your thing its all good. I just try to be metal \m/, as much as one can be now that the hair has been lopped off :hotjump: :headbang:

Bear

don't count on me wearing body paint. I like to cover up as much skin as possible.

Body paint keeps you cool in a room packed with hot, sweaty metalheads. :)

But, hey, tunics and poetry shirts are cool, too. You'll blend in well when Blind Guardian hits the stage. :D

--Mike

Yeah, I knew you were joking, Bear.;)

Come to think of it, I attend the local rennaisance fair every year!:lol:

I like to dress in wild rennaisance style clothing all the time. Oh, but I usually don't look like a wierdo. I was pretty bord when I use to wear normal clothing, and I just couldn't stand looking like all the sheep. Then my mom started teaching me how to sew, and I would always make medieval costumes for the fairs. And then I sarted wearing parts of the costumes (like the poetry shirts) with jeans and stuff. And that was when I discovered my style. Now I'm always fixing up my own crazy outfits, and I look pretty damn good compaired to all the typical skrawny little girls who wear babydoll shirts, tight hiphuggers, and have their short hair up in a high ponytail. Now I'm what I call a shepard!:cool: Turning heads and striking as I go against the crowd of sheep.

Now my next target is Baroque style jackets!:cool:

Furry loinclothes - Manowar underwear (heheheh)
How about jeans and a black t-shirt or if you are in a metal band a colourful (red) silk shirt and tight black leather pants(especially if you are a woman!!!!)
I've got my Prog III shirt on order, wish I could get a Silent Force Shirt before they play for their night, as a stand by, got last years shirt, and then I got to have something for the pre-party thingamajig.
Also have my long sleeve Antithesis shirt if it is a little cool out!!

Hmm. I think I've decided to wear the tunic. I've tried it on with my fantasy boots and it looks fantastic. I'll look like some kind of fantasy adventurer!:lol:

God, I hope Blind Guardian notices me.:(

edit: Oh yeah, a red silk shirt with leather pants sounds cool. I think I'll get some leather pants and make myself a shirt sometime. Then I'll look similar to Malice Mizer's former singer Tetsu.

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks
Hmm. I think I've decided to wear the tunic. I've tried it on with my fantasy boots and it looks fantastic. I'll look like some kind of fantasy adventurer!:lol:

What are 'fantasy boots' exactly?

God, I hope Blind Guardian notices me.:(

I think you've got a good shot. Try wearing an eye-patch too - I hear that works wonders.

Well, fantasy boots are these suede boots that are almost knee high with fringe at the top that I have. I call them my fantasy boots because they look like boots that you'd see in Lord of the Rings and such. They are very much like indian moccasins.

http://www.silvermane.com/MT/Front Lace Calf-Height Boots.html

An eye patch?:lol: But I'd be practically... blind.:rolleyes: Since my hair covers my left eye most of the time. If I wore it on my right, I would be blind.:lol:

Holy cow! Pardon the pun but it looks like they needed 100 cow hides to make those shoes. What's wrong with a pair of rubber flip-flops? You know Hansi Kursh is a strict vegan and animal-rights activist right? ;)

Just kidding. Actually, I'm sure you'll look "la la la lovely" (I'm listening to Suicidal Tendencies right now...heh).