What's your favorite horror/gore movies?

xenophobe

May 17, 2002
SF Bay Area
I've always loved the Dawn of the Dead series stuff...

Re-Animator
The Thing
From Beyond
Resident Evil

What are your favorites?

Resident Evil = wicked game!
Honestly, I don't really watch horror/gore movies. Because most of them (if not all of them) are rated R and my mom hasn't let me watch them until this year! :rolleyes:
I did see Dawn Til Dusk when I was 12....

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.:worship:

Halloween
The Exorcist
The Shinning
Friday the 13th
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
The Omen

Movies I want to see.
Night of the Living Dead
Psycho (read the book)
House of a Thousand Corpes
Day of the Dead
The Evil Dead
JasonX

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.:worship:

Halloween
The Exorcist
The Shinning
Friday the 13th
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
The Omen

Movies I want to see.
Night of the Living Dead
Psycho (read the book)
House of a Thousand Corpes
Day of the Dead
The Evil Dead
JasonX

1960's:
Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
Dracula - Prince of Darkness

1970's:
The Exorcist
Rosemary's Baby
The Entity
The Changeling
The Omen
Dawn of the Dead
The Wicker Man
Alien
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween

1980's:
Zombie
Day of the Dead
Friday the 13th part 2
Nightmare on Elm St
Aliens
Cannibal Holocaust
The Fly
The Beyond
Susperia
The Thing
Videodrome
The Fog
Evil Dead 2
Scanners
An American Werewolf in London
The Hitcher
Poltergeist

1990's onwards:
The Others
Audition
Junk
The Sixth Sense
Starship Troopers
Ring
Silence of the Lambs
Blade II
Ginger Snaps
Se7en

From the 90's onward, the scare factor started to slide IMO....

Reactions: Bomullsbit
I must admit that all those horror movies don't really scare me and if they don't, they don't work. The only one I can recall that I think is good is "Alien" (the first one, can't remember no. 2). "The sitxth sense" was okay, but I wouldn't call that a horror movie. Okay, the first "Nightmare on elm street" was alright as far as I remember.
I've seen Psycho, I still know what you did last summer, Silence of the lambs, The shining and others I can't remember right now, but I didn't think any of them was anything special. I saw some of one of the Friday the 13ths, I can't remember which, but that was pretty boring.
"The fog" was crappy IMO and "Seven" was terrible if you ask me. It was a long time ago I saw "Seven". I think we rented it on video when it came out, so maybe I would like it if I saw it for the first time now. I won't see it right away, as I can remember the ending. "Starship troopers" was terrible as well. It was super duper corny and so goddamn stupid and American.
I don't know what it is about horror movies, but they just don't scare me. The only one as I said was "Alien", but I would more categorize that as a science fiction movie. I've read books that were scary though. A book like "The dark half" by Stephen King is really scary and so is "Monstret i kælderen" (translates to "The monster in the cellar/basement") by the Danish writer Dennis Jürgensen.
I've seen either "Brain dead" or "Evil dead", I always forget which is which. The one I saw was no. 2, but I was told that no. 2 is more or less a remake of the first, just better filmed, with better production and so on. It's the one where he cuts his hand of. Maybe it was "Army of darkness"...? But anyway, it was alright as far as I recall, but it seemed more of a comedy.

@Board...I think you're missing the point. I don't think anyone necessarily watches horror movies to get scared. It's the genre that attracts the audience, not the fear factor. Having said that, a few chills is cool - and the last time I was sincerely scared was watching the Exorcist at the age of 13. I didn't get 'scared' watching Day of the Dead, but it probably contains some of the best Tom Savini gore ever captured on celluloid.

By the way, that post was the most miserable and confused message I've read in a long time. Seems like you forget almost every detail (or just having a bad day)...perhaps you should just avoid the horror genre altogether and stick with the mainstream? "Seven was crappy"? That is a modern day masterpiece, along with Silence of the Lambs. Oh well, your opinion I guess.

If you go into watching a horror movie expecting to shit your pants, then you're going to be disappointed for the most part. Give up the seat for someone else and save ten bucks. :)

Reactions: Bomullsbit
Originally posted by Board
"Starship troopers" was terrible as well. It was super duper corny and so goddamn stupid and American.

I think the corniness and over-americanism was meant to be a satire. Verhoeven (director) is dutch, I don't think he's overly patriotic to USA. The original author of the book is american (Robert E. Heinlein), but as I've read some of his work (not SS Troopers (pun intented) though), I doubt he's naive enough to be seriously that patriotic.

Edit: Oh, and of course it's kind of stupid to speak that the movie is very american or patriotic towards USA, as the nation in the movie isn't USA..... more of a crossbreed of US and Nazi-Germany. Though I've bad feeling that that's not too far from today.

Geez... listen to you fuckers.... :mad:

Isn't there a GODDAMNED THREAD some of you people can get involved into without turning it into some kind of bizarre HATE AMERICA thread? :rolleyes:

SOME of you Europeans have some REAL ISSUES you need to get out... Try suicide or masterbation...

Pieces of shit. :mad:

:devil:

The Evil Dead movies and Army of Darkness, "Hail to the King, Baby"

The Alien and Predator movies were sweet...aren't they making an Alien vs. Predator movie? Like based off of the comic?

Childsplay because Chucky's one-liners are fucking hilarius.

Sadly I haven't seen Resident Evil yet, but I can tell already that it's one of my favorites...it's also the best game to movie transition as of yet...just wait unil Duke Nukem comes out though...

And one last comment - I guess monsters are horrifying, so...Godzilla! Those movies are the greatest ever!