When Six Was Nine

Read the liner notes on the album.

One of the things I love from SP, is those notes by Steve in all albums. Hope the new one bring them back too.

Fuck.. I just noticed that my Book of the Dead cd didn't have any liner notes. Wyvern or somebody else who have it.. would you be so kind and post them here? Perhaps few close-up pics of liner note page(s) will be easy to read.

Thanks!:)

Read the liner notes on the album.

One of the things I love from SP, is those notes by Steve in all albums. Hope the new one bring them back too.

Yeah, thanks. But it doesn't explain the phrase, when six was nine.

So again, can someone explain this to me?

Quoting Steve The Great (ancient metal philosopher)

A song dealing with schizophrenia and the belief one's own will changes physical objects around them. It describes a person who believes he's sold his soul to the devil but wants out of the deal

My will is prophecy, my own mythology, an oracle to be
The blood shed by my soul, the deal time controls, tears for gifts you gave
If six was nine

Remember that in Arabic numerals nine is drawn as an upside six. Can have then two meanings according to the liner notes hints:

1) either the character longs for the time when it was nine and not six (meaning the time is running off)
2) 999 instead of 666 :p

@ihq: sadly I just got a new computer and my old scanner does not work with it, I'm in the process of getting a new one. So I promise I'll scan the booklet for you sometime in the near future.

Here's what I meant:
"If Six was Nine" is a Jimi Hendrix song. It's whimsical, and just refers to daydreaming about what could be, if the world was an idealistic place. My song changes that to "WHEN Six was Nine". Meaning the world really can be ideal. It then touches on how schizoprhenics believe they really do change the world with only their thoughts or simple 'secret' movements, spells, etc. The two things are unrelated, but the common ground is changing the world. Not much more to it than that. Actually there is a lot more to it, but I'm not gonna talk about it in a public forum. I hope this helps bro!

Here's what I meant:
"If Six was Nine" is a Jimi Hendrix song. It's whimsical, and just refers to daydreaming about what could be, if the world was an idealistic place. My song changes that to "WHEN Six was Nine". Meaning the world really can be ideal. It then touches on how schizoprhenics believe they really do change the world with only their thoughts or simple 'secret' movements, spells, etc. The two things are unrelated, but the common ground is changing the world. Not much more to it than that. Actually there is a lot more to it, but I'm not gonna talk about it in a public forum. I hope this helps bro!

Sweet! I still like my explanation better :loco:

Here's what I meant:

Thank you, Steve!

I have pondered the meaning of this song title for SO long. :headbang: