where Dev needs to play...

huevo

fuzzy melon
Oct 20, 2001
Colorado
Red Rocks, Colorado!

I was there last night for Dio / The Scorpions / Deep Purple and at times I thought about how the beautiful surroundings would complement all of Devin's music to date - especially Terria! The venue is absolutely beautiful.. anyone besides me been there?

One worthy mention.. as Dio played "Rainbow in the Dark" for an encore, a rainbow appeared right over Red Rocks. Now that's divine intervention at its best :headbang:

I drove out there to see King Crimson/Tool when they played last August. Its such an incredible place. Unfortunately at one point the wind picked up a little too much, so the big screen they had in the back had to be taken down for part of Tool's set.

As Maynard put it.. "blame... blame god..." Haha.. that maynard..

It could have been worse, there was forecast for rain, but it went around instead, and out both sides you could see lightning striking in the distance.. pretty amazing place.

If it wasn't such a long drive from here (25 hours I think it was...), I'd go there often.

hmm.. I saw The Scorpions on Tuesday, so probably not :)

I'm sure if Tool were there, someone would have noticed.. although Tool do seem pretty low key about their public status, so one may never know.