where was the Voi Void cover???

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
There was some hype build up a few days back here that Blackie from VoiVod was going to play a song with Martyr.....it didnt happen? did something fall through? I was waiting for this.

Blacky was there. He was Martyr's soundman, actually. I spent some time talking with him which was quite cool.

I'm under the impression that they hadn't planned to do a Voivod cover for certain. Martyr recently covered "Brain Scan" in the studio, with Blacky playing bass. But when I spoke with him he told me "If I'd have known there'd be fans here who cared, we could've practiced 'Brain Scan' and played it in the set tonight."

Blacky was there. He was Martyr's soundman, actually. I spent some time talking with him which was quite cool.

I'm under the impression that they hadn't planned to do a Voivod cover for certain. Martyr recently covered "Brain Scan" in the studio, with Blacky playing bass. But when I spoke with him he told me "If I'd have known there'd be fans here who cared, we could've practiced 'Brain Scan' and played it in the set tonight."

DAMN!!! thanks for the info.

Blacky only did sound for Martyr. He had somewhat short dark brown hair, parted to the side. Was wearing long shorts. I even had to look at him for a few moments before I was sure it was him. He was really fucking cool. He seemed surprised that people were asking him for autographs and pics. I talked to him for about twenty minutes about Voivod and different tidbits. I tried to keep myself laid back considering that he and Piggy were huge huge HUGE influences on me. I have yet to hear Martyr's version of "Brain Scan" but I've heard it's pretty awesome so I look forward to it.

Blacky said something about he and Daniel from Martyr possibly doing some acoustic gig later in the summer. If it happens I'd love to find out more about it and possibly attend.