Which band you like to see do a live cd?

Xalon Niles

Metal/Super Sentai Fan
Dec 22, 2001
Parts unknown.
hometown.aol.com
I like to see a live cd from Norway's own Susperia and here's my idea for a greatest hits/Live cd:
1. I Am Pain
2. Vainglory
3. Journey Into Black
4. Blood On My Hands
5. Raining Blood (Slayer cover)
6. Cage Of Remembrance
7. The Bitter Man
8. Bass guitar/drum solo
9. The Bounty Hunter
10. Warmaster
11. Breaking the Law (Judas Priest cover)
12. Chemistry
13. Situational Awareness
14. Devil May Care
15. Home Sweet Hell

I saw Susperia live at this year's Inferno festival in Oslo, and it was quite a show. Fireworks and the likes. Really tight band too, and the chemistry between the band and the audience was brilliant. I seldom see bands who manage to get a crowd of 2500 people jump up and down like they did. BUT it would really help if the music was as good as their show. Indeed. I don't really like their music that much. "Completion" is a brilliant track, though.

henrikmain said:
I saw Susperia live at this year's Inferno festival in Oslo, and it was quite a show. Fireworks and the likes. Really tight band too, and the chemistry between the band and the audience was brilliant. I seldom see bands who manage to get a crowd of 2500 people jump up and down like they did. BUT it would really help if the music was as good as their show. Indeed. I don't really like their music that much. "Completion" is a brilliant track, though.
Their new cd shows the live feel they have live on stage. The music is much more huge sounding and alot of energy.

Completion is indeed a great track, very eerie in its atmosphere. It's probably, by a narrow margin, my favourite track on Vindication.....although now that i've heard Unlimited in its entirety (and it's in the post now!) I can safely say that Vindication is my least favourite Susperia album.

I'd love to see them live though. I think their music is very distinctive and I enjoy it a lot.....and if their stage chemistry (chemistry - fucking great song) is as good as y'alll say it is, well....all the more reason to try and see them! Probably never will though. =(

I'd kill for a live CD of Avulsed, Neuraxis or Blood Red Throne. =)

I'd like to see Cephalic Carnage do a live cd and this would be the set.....

1. Observer to the Obliteration of Planet Earth
2. Anthro Emesis
3. Eradicate Authority
4. Jihad
5. Psuedo
6. The Struggle
7. Analytical
8. Perversion and the Guilt After
9. Hybrid
10. Cryptosporidium
11. Rebellion
12. Invertus Indica
13. Lucid Interval
14. Arsonist Savior

Dimmu Borgir w/ a live orchestra (DVD perhaps?)

God Forbid, the live tracks on 'Out of Misery' just don't do their performance justice.

Morbid Angel, an entire live show on CD, not just a compilation of songs played live.

Nevermore

Someone mentioned Dark Tranquillity, didn't they just put out a live CD? Or is that DVD only?

...and Cryptopsy. None So Live is definately a classic live recording I think......I think it'll be remembered like that. Possibly the strongest thing it has going for it is the absolutely impeccable tracklist; the band knew exactly what their best songs were, and most fans agree, so the live album was something every Cryptopsy fan feels they have to have.......it's as much a 'greatest hits' album as it is an amazingly flawless live recording.

A live album by Suffocation would be nice. Especially with Souls to Deny out now.

Incubus should release a live album. All live snippets by them over their various EP's are amazing, and they sometimes reach jam-band/prog-rock levels with their live jamming and improvisation. Except, they bring something new to the table by adding the funk, metal, trip-hop, and ethnic influences.

Sepultura should release another live album, this one with Derrick Green covering Max and new material off Against, Nation, and Roorback.

^Converge have that DVD which is all done on home video... its interesting to just watch the crowd kick the living shit out of each other... but I agree they should release a CD with much Better sound quallity.

I dont think Emperor have a live album but they have extras on some rereleases that were live recordings.

Dark Tranquillity are releasing a live album with the new Bootleg album, y'all have to check it out... its gonna be awesome.

I'd like to see Wicked Innocence record a live disk with the old line up. They were probably bonecrushing live.

This would be the set.

1. Before I Die
2. A Level Higher
3. World of Greed
4. Living Inside
5. The Greys
6. Inner Cerebral Exploration
7. Minus The Body
8. Omnipotence
9. Ragsdale Story
10. Jealous and Self-Concious
11. Totality