Which bands are you most excited about seeing Live?

Datis

Oct 15, 2006
Other than ASKA, Twisted Tower Dire, Ravage, Halcyon Way and my boys in Zephaniah whom I have now seen live at least once (Nightmare II & WOMFEST II, WOMFEST II, Cincinnati, Nightmare II, and many times before, respectively), I have heard so many good things from Hoyt about all the other bands on this Fest that I'm very excited to see everybody else :):kickass: ! How about the rest of you?

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Pathfinder MetalFest Crew
Warriors Of MetalFest III Sponsor

It's definitely a solid lineup throughout. This will be my first time seeing ASKA, TWISTED TOWER DIRE, ZEPHANIAH, and ALAS TYRANNY, so I suppose I'm most excited to see them, plus the debut of Steve Braun with HALCYON WAY is certainly something I'm anxiously awaiting. Beyond that, I know to expect great performances from VOR, A LOWER DEEP, and the twin-guitar attack of ETERNAL HOUR...hell, I guess I may as well name everyone playing the fest, because there's not a weak spot anywhere in this roster :lol:

Other than ASKA, Twisted Tower Dire, Ravage, Halcyon Way and my boys in Zephaniah whom I have now seen live at least once (Nightmare II & WOMFEST II, WOMFEST II, Cincinnati, Nightmare II, and many times before, respectively), I have heard so many good things from Hoyt about all the other bands on this Fest that I'm very excited to see everybody else :):kickass: ! How about the rest of you?

Honestly I think you'll be really impressed with Eternal Hour. They always put on a great show, and their music is brilliant.

Honestly I think you'll be really impressed with Eternal Hour. They always put on a great show, and their music is brilliant.

awh shucks.
:oops: lol.

I'm super excited to see all of the other bands on these shows! I've seen VOR, Halcyon Way, Oblivion Myth, A Lower Deep, and Ravage. They're all killer! Can't wait to see the other bands as well, especially ASKA!

Hi Mike

Will Steve be wearing a trench coat likr the rest of the guys on stage? Shall the Trench Coat Mafia look be preserved :)?

Datis

I believe I'm most excited about seeing Aska the more I look over the roster of bands.

Granted I'll be missing the first quarter to the first half of the show due to work each night so I wont see everyone I want to see. :mad:

I believe I'm most excited about seeing Aska the more I look over the roster of bands.

Granted I'll be missing the first quarter to the first half of the show due to work each night so I wont see everyone I want to see. :mad:

Aska will not disappoint. I really enjoyed seeing these guys at Nightmare Fest and Rocklahoma this year. They're fun to hang out with, as well. :kickass:

Here's hoping you won't have to miss too much, Patrick!

--Mike

Dan Scott and I worked on the Pathfinder MetalFest compilation CD's cover art which he had created and modified (which looks badass by the way, you'll see) so not only do I owe him a beer now, but I'm also curious to see him in action more than before ;)!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records

I saw Aska at Rocklahoma and they kicked ass. I have been listening to their new release for awhile and I really like it
Halcyon Way we know will kick ass. Ravage I enjoy their songs on myspace and I hope they do that Priest cover. I think almost every band I am interested in checking out. Twisted Tower Dire I like a lot. VOR is a hidden Prog treasure in atlanta and Zephaniah sounds really cool but all 10 i will be checking out.

for anyone who missed Zephaniah tonight - shame on you. :err:

now, this is certainly not to slight any of the other bands on the bill. ;) But it had to be said.

Matt Parsons did a fantastic job debuting his band Alas, Tyranny. They had a great reception with their technical prowess and 'beauty & beast' vocals. They also threw in a surprising cover of 'Valhalla' by Blind Guardian. *applause* I look very forward to working with this band again... and again. Very professional for such a young outfit.

Oblivion Myth never ceases to amaze me. They somehow get better and better each time I present them to the Atlanta audience. And even though they were without a rhythm guitarist last night, you could not tell with the energy they put forth. Great job guys!

Eternal Hour - now lacking a full time bassist - still did a fantastic job. Their singer was a bit under the weather, but they pulled through to deliver a 40-minute set of powerful traditional metal with their twin-guitar assault! Thanks to Rob of VOR for stepping in on short notice to fulfill the bass duties! Awesome job by all!

And then Zephaniah took the stage by force and demanded everyone's undivided attention with their crazy antics and amazing style of neo-classical traditional metal. If you missed, you fucking missed it! At one point half way through their set I somehow found myself ON STAGE with them and another dozen or more fans, headbanging and throwing horns (and for those with enough hair, windmilling). I can't wait to see the pics and video of that! LMAO! What a fun band.

Shane and Glenn - take note of these guys. I could easily see them kicking off Thursday or Friday night at a future ProgPower. You want an audience to be entertained? Get Zephaniah! I know I will be working with them again.

And that ended night one of the Pathfinder MetalFest. Unfortunately due to transportation issues, RAVAGE could not make it back down to headline last night. And no insults meant, but I believe everyone would agree that Zephaniah would be a hard act for just about anyone to follow. ;) So I think many would agree that we ended up with a fantastic headliner after all.

:kickass:

DON'T MISS NIGHT TWO! BE THERE!!!

Night 2 was awesome. I filmed most of Zephaniah's set, about 20 minutes of Twisted Tower Dire's set and all of Aska's set and once we've caught up with our sleep, I'll ask my wife, Lea to post them on YouTube and burn DVDs for ASKA & Hoyt.

The sound was markedly better on Night 2 and despite my usual shitty recordings of "myspace quality", the footage from Night 2 may actually sound better than normal. I can only hope ;)!

I will post an "Insider's Review" of the whole Fest soon.

Thanks Hoyt, Patrick, Karen, Keith and everybody else for putting on "One Hell Of A Show" :D!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
All Hallows Eve Metal Fest III Crew
Official Sponsor of Warriors Of Metal Fest III