Which new Avantasia disc is better?

Which new Avantasia disc is better?

• Angel of Babylon

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • The Wicked Symphony

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
The Wicked Symphony. It's my favorite of the trilogy, and The Scarecrow sits in the middle. All very great albums, but the title track of TWS just seals the deal - amazing song.

Note: I'm shocked at how many people have made the mistake of thinking these albums are in the wrong order - The Wicked Symphony is first, and Angel of Babylon is second.

The Wicked Symphony...it's not even close...and neither is this voting LOL

I'm confused, I saw an email from Tobias(I'm on his email newsletter list) and he says that both albums are available on ITunes, but I just went to ITunes and it says, the albums will be released on May 4th. I'm confused about this. I wrote Tobias an email, hopefully he will respond.

Based on this poll it looks like I can save some money and just get Wicked Symphony.

No.

Just because one album is easily agreed to be much better, it doesn't mean the second one isn't good - or even very good in this case. There's definitely a bunch of gems on Angel of Babylon, it's just a bit inconsistent, and not as metal. That's all. If you care about Tobias Sammet's work at all and don't just want to pick one up for a fluke, getting both is an essential call. Especially since they are parts 2 and 3 of a conceptual trilogy.

Noboby seems to know the answer to my earlier question, but I guess the Avantasia CD's aren't released in the USA until May. I guess everyone must be buying the imported versions or something.

iTunes follows the same release patterns as stores do, so albums can be available only to users logging onto iTunes from certain countries. You can change your log-in type to a different territory. Once I logged in as if I was on the European iTunes side because I was looking for an album only out in Australia. The prices you'll see are that country's prices converted to USD (the album I was looking for would've been $18 to download, so I passed), or converted to whatever currency your territory uses.

Haven't even listed to "Angel of Babylon" yet, but if it is anywhere NEAR as good as "Wicked Symphony", then I will be THRILLED. "Wicked Symphony" may be my favorite Avantasia disc to date. It may lack the anthemic power metal stylings of the first two, but it more than makes up for it in pure rock n roll bliss. Jorn sounds better than ever, and steals the show overall, but even beyond his tracks, there is not a bad song on here.

Absolutely LOVING this CD!

The Wicked Symphony. It's my favorite of the trilogy, and The Scarecrow sits in the middle. All very great albums, but the title track of TWS just seals the deal - amazing song.

Note: I'm shocked at how many people have made the mistake of thinking these albums are in the wrong order - The Wicked Symphony is first, and Angel of Babylon is second.

I'm in the definite minority here. I'll agree and say that TWS is the best song in the whole trilogy, but I'm not that big into the album itself. Most of it doesn't seem to grab my interest and find the music to just be so-so, whereas I was really blown away by Angel of Babylon. I felt there was no bad track on it and found it very captivating. Maybe it's just because TWS was so damn good, that I in my head was trying to compare the two.

As far as people listening in the wrong order...I don't know how you do that. TWS is listed above Angel of Babylon and if you even glanced at the first page of the booklet beforehand it states what order they're in.