Which Opeth song got you hooked?

To Bid You Farewell

I then proceeded to listen to only the clean songs for a short time, then started finding the soft parts within the heavy songs, then noticed how incredible the heavy and soft parts blended together. Before Opeth i didnt listen to any metal bands with growling vox, they opened up so much wonderful music to me...

Well I first heard them from the Iron Maiden tribute: A Call to Irons (great cd, by the way). They played Remember Tomorrow, which was one of my favorites from the cd. I then bought Morninrise and was disappointed. But after a few months I began to like it more and more. I have to admit, though, the song that I liked the most when I first got it was To Bid You Farewell. Now, though, I just find it to be the strawberry on top (I don't really like cherries). So I suppose it was Remember Tomorrow.

[nostalgic moment]I just remembered back when Still Life was quite new and was only available in Europe (damn the record label). I searched for hours trying to find a way to get it here.[/nostalgic moment]

:)

For me it was Advent.

This was the first Opeth song that I heard. Advent is the one that did it for me. After listening to this song and the whole Morningrise album for that matter, I went out and bought the CD, shortly after I got MAYH and Orchid, which was like four years ago. I now have all the albums, except for Deliverance,( I have only heard two songs off that disc: Wreath and Deliverance)

When I first heard Advent it was just amazing though, it was just really refreshing compared to the stuff that I was hearing in that time period(1998) The guitar style, the acoustic interludes, vocals, the bass( mainly due to the fretless sound) the structures, sudden breaks, and just everthing in general was quite a piece of work to say the least, same goes with the rest of the disc.

Morningrise is a great record, I just never find myself going back to it much, just on occasion and I mean OCCASION, same with Orchid, there both amazing albums, they just don't have much replay value for me like My Arms Your Hearse, Still Life, and Blackwater Park(I'm excluding Deliverance) These I still listen to quite a bit especially MAYH and Still Life.

I now await Deliverance with much anticipation.:)

:)

:cool: