Which Sansamp should I pick? Paradriver, GT2...?

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey, Im trying to decide which sansamp should I get and when I see into the catalog I fall into a bunch of different options...and I can´t see which is the one that fits the best with my needs.
Well, as I usually record bass guitar at home, I use to take my Radial DI and record the dry signal for then reamped, and the thru is what I want it to put the sansamp, mainly for monitoring, and if I get a decent sound, then blend it with the reamped one.
I think it´s stupid spend my bucks on the expensive rack units, so I just want to know if a pedal version would be enough....
Well, if some of you could shed some light....thanks!!

I use to take my Radial DI and record the dry signal for then reamped, and the thru is what I want it to put the sansamp, mainly for monitoring, and if I get a decent sound, then blend it with the reamped one

Did not understand what you´ve written here.

Anyway, you really can´t go wrong with the Sansamp Bass Driver DI. I´ve heard that the classic version sounds a bit better than the 3 channel one (programable) but I haven´t A/B'ed them yet to confirm this.

I can only speak for the Bass DI and PSA-1.1 but i've found both need pretty heavy amounts of tweaking after the fact to pull decent bass tones. The PSA-1.1 is capable of some cool grit though.

Did not understand what you´ve written here.

Anyway, you really can´t go wrong with the Sansamp Bass Driver DI. I´ve heard that the classic version sounds a bit better than the 3 channel one (programable) but I haven´t A/B'ed them yet to confirm this.

It´s quite simple: Radial has two outputs, one of them is called through, so I record the dry signal from the bass using the output, and the other output (called through) is what I use to monitor what I´m playing, right now thru a Line6 guitar amp, and in the next future with sansamp. This way I record two tracks, first one only the dry signal for reamping, and the other one with line6, sansamp or whatever I use...

The Tech 21 VT bass is the way to go, cheaper than all those on your list and a lot better. It has more useable tones and actually has a mid control. It's the center of my entire bass rig, no need for any drive pedals or external EQ.