While Heaven Wept and other new metal in stock

Actually the drums are 100% real...any samples used were of the actual kit. And productionwise it is NOTHING like anything else coming out today. We made a point of only following the paths we ourselves laid previously. Put on any other Nuclear Blast release and A/B them to this.

And of course this album is going to be somewhat similar to "Vast Oceans Lachrymose" in various ways because all of this album was originally meant to be a part of that album to begin with aside from "Finality". That said, it's suprising to hear people on about it being "too much alike" it's predecessor considering most of the world is in shock at how different it is...and in reality it's darker, more aggressive, yet simultaneously harkening back to the early days of WHW.

When all is said and done...the album requires numerous listens to fully grasp...it even took many spins for me. But it was Rain that clued me in on what all this really was: the closure of a process that began with "Vast Oceans Lachrymose"; both of these albums stem from the very devastating demise of a romance of mine that left me in the darkest place I'd been in 20 years. When you put the two albums together (as Rain pointed out) it is very clearly the sound of me cycling through the stages of bereavement...a true personal and musical journey into very real emotions.

"Vast Oceans Lachrymose" reflects the stages of Shock/Disbelief and Denial (i.e. "Vessel" for example)...whereas "Fear Of Infinity" begins with anger, evolves into despair, and only at the very end reaches acceptance. This is literally what I lived through and I didn't even see it myself until I was on the other side of all this. So perhaps with all of the above in mind both albums will reveal new things and yes, "Fear Of Infinity" definitely requires multiple listens to unlock all of the nuances.

In the end this is the album I needed to do to heal and live again. Really sorry some folks are disappointed, but also, this album wasn't made for you...no offense. I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to listen truly and well, if naught else the next album will be totally different just like all of our albums are from each other....though they are different ratios of the same influences....there won't be a dance remix album coming anytime soon....still all about Bathory, early Fates, Epicus Cmass, Kitaro, and Wagner. And probably always will be.

First I want to say I LOVE Vast Oceans of Lachrymose(still listen to it often), and like most of the material I've heard prior to that. With that said, I pre-ordered Fear of Infinity and anxiously awaited its arrival. I have listened to it 4 times now because I couldn't believe that I disliked it so much the first time I listened it. There is 1 song that I like. I'm not going to nit pick every detail, what I will say is the songs are either very chaotic or a bit on the boring side. The lyrics(what little there are) are good but it seemed that Rain did all he good to prolong every other word as long as he could(which was the biggest turn off for me) to make it seem there were more than what was written. The album really seemed forced to me. Honestly, this is going to get shelved into the collection to collect dust, maybe I'll try it again closer to time to go to the show, when my disappointment has worn off a bit.
I will be looking forward to seeing WHW at the show, but this release was a let down for me.

Look folks...the fact is there will never be "Vast Oceans Lachrymose V.2" or "Of Empires Forlorn revisited"...whatever we feel at the time of an album's recording is going to yield whatever it is ultimately. There's never ANYTHING "forced"...it's raw emotion...and it's extremely personal...in the end there will be those that it speaks to and those that it does not...but you can be damn sure that whatever we do is as sincere as it gets. The fact is, I hope it is polarizing...to be in a grey area is the worst. Love it, hate it...it's MY life in music and words...as we grow, evolve, and experience so will this music. And really, I'm not being apologetic nor on the defense here...I knew perfectly well that this album wouldn't be what everyone anticipated....but it's really an A-B conversation that the world has a window to witness. The instant we start believing our own hype or catering to the critics, will be the instant this band is over. It's not about fame, fortune, chicks or anything other than genuine personal need, and perhaps you don't need it...but I do. And once again, sorry to those who are disappointed perhaps you'll prefer the twin-guitar drenched next album, but for all who have listened thank you for your time. Visit our Facebook page and read the widely varying opinions of the album if you haven't dove into it yet already....album of the year for some, album of shite for others....but in the end, its the album that liberated me personally.

Don't get discouraged, Tom. I've never known WHW to NOT put out a good album. of course, that's my own opinion coming in to play, there.

Met-Al and I just got the new album today. We were both going to get a copy, but there was only one in the store and he snatched it off the rack and cackled in triumph. I even threatened to withhold lovin's, and he STILL wouldn't surrender that one copy to me. But that's okay, because I'm going to abscond with it to my car, where he won't see it for weeks. However long it takes for me to get tired of listening to it and swap it out of the CD rotation that's in the changer in my car, at any rate. Vengeance will be mine! ...WITH METAL! It's going into my car tomorrow. That'll learn 'im.

I loved everything about the album except the drums. Even if they are real live drums they don't sound like it. Being a drummer it's thing I pay the most attention to. I can't listen to music when the drums sound fake/too perfect.

I do think it is awesome that you came on the board to discuss the album and address comments. It's nice to get the insight when some bands fail to even include the song lyrics in their physical album formats.

By the way I just picked up the live album and loved it. I haven't heard anything pre Vast Oceans Lachrymose so I'll try to find those albums. I'm looking forward to the live performance at ProgPower this fall.

Look folks...the fact is there will never be "Vast Oceans Lachrymose V.2" or "Of Empires Forlorn revisited"...whatever we feel at the time of an album's recording is going to yield whatever it is ultimately. There's never ANYTHING "forced"...it's raw emotion...and it's extremely personal...in the end there will be those that it speaks to and those that it does not...but you can be damn sure that whatever we do is as sincere as it gets. The fact is, I hope it is polarizing...to be in a grey area is the worst. Love it, hate it...it's MY life in music and words...as we grow, evolve, and experience so will this music. And really, I'm not being apologetic nor on the defense here...I knew perfectly well that this album wouldn't be what everyone anticipated....but it's really an A-B conversation that the world has a window to witness. The instant we start believing our own hype or catering to the critics, will be the instant this band is over. It's not about fame, fortune, chicks or anything other than genuine personal need, and perhaps you don't need it...but I do. And once again, sorry to those who are disappointed perhaps you'll prefer the twin-guitar drenched next album, but for all who have listened thank you for your time. Visit our Facebook page and read the widely varying opinions of the album if you haven't dove into it yet already....album of the year for some, album of shite for others....but in the end, its the album that liberated me personally.

It's a great album, and much like all of the other While Heaven Wept material, it truly passes the "sincerity" feel through it. Good job once again on it, my friend. Looking forward to our interview soon (and Glenn, you wanted Epic... since this is an Epic band, you just wait... lol)

I loved everything about the album except the drums. Even if they are real live drums they don't sound like it. Being a drummer it's thing I pay the most attention to. I can't listen to music when the drums sound fake/too perfect.

I do think it is awesome that you came on the board to discuss the album and address comments. It's nice to get the insight when some bands fail to even include the song lyrics in their physical album formats.

By the way I just picked up the live album and loved it. I haven't heard anything pre Vast Oceans Lachrymose so I'll try to find those albums. I'm looking forward to the live performance at ProgPower this fall.

Just so I'm clear on the drum issue, are you referring to the sonic character of the drums or the actual feel of the performances?

We implemented several new (for us) techniques when recording the drums including throwing mics on the top and bottom of the toms for example, and a variety of room mics that gave us more options than ever before. Being that Chris Salamone is himself a drummer, he always strives to take things to another level sonically, without using any of the plug-ins that have become the "standard". Also, with the addition of an atomic clock to the studio, this insures the transients are lightning fast and every nuance is captured in vivid detail.

Regarding the performance...let me just say these sessions were incredibly brutal...neither Chris nor myself let even the smallest details "slide"...the songs were performed over and over and over not so much for machine precision as much as them feeling good and appropriate to the nature of each song.

And cheers for listening and your comments. Glad you dig the live album and let me know if you need physical copies of the earlier albums as I have the last ones in existence.

Just so I'm clear on the drum issue, are you referring to the sonic character of the drums or the actual feel of the performances?

We implemented several new (for us) techniques when recording the drums including throwing mics on the top and bottom of the toms for example, and a variety of room mics that gave us more options than ever before. Being that Chris Salamone is himself a drummer, he always strives to take things to another level sonically, without using any of the plug-ins that have become the "standard". Also, with the addition of an atomic clock to the studio, this insures the transients are lightning fast and every nuance is captured in vivid detail.

Regarding the performance...let me just say these sessions were incredibly brutal...neither Chris nor myself let even the smallest details "slide"...the songs were performed over and over and over not so much for machine precision as much as them feeling good and appropriate to the nature of each song.

And cheers for listening and your comments. Glad you dig the live album and let me know if you need physical copies of the earlier albums as I have the last ones in existence.

It was definitely the sound of the cymbals and hi-hats that sticks out to me. To me it seems like the highs are too high and they are a little "washy" (not sure of the right word). I've been doing some additional listening to of the album and getting used to it. Thank you for sharing the details on the recording.

The most important thing you said earlier was that you wrote/recorded this album for yourself and not anyone else. That's been something I always used as a philosophy for my music projects.

I've not heard anything pre-Vast Oceans Lachrymose so anything you could help me to complete the collection would be appreciated. My e-mail is pgloeckle@gmail.com. If you want to work something out that would be awesome.

-Patrick

I really like the new WHW album. It has disappeared into my car's CD player, and may not see the light of day again for another month or two. It's a very big-sounding album. :) My only complaint is that it's too short. It leaves me wishing for more. Mind you, if the album were an hour, I'd probably still feel it was too short. That's how much I like it.

Personally, I think Fear of Infinity lacks the "atmosphere" that Oceans has. I think a large part of that is due to Michelle not being utilized as well as she was on the previous effort. Her playing made Oceans both beautiful and brilliant to me. That's my biggest complaint with Fear of Infinity...give her more free reign on the next one. I probably sound like an arm chair quarterback, but I'm just speaking from what I think personally is missing. I purchased the new album from Ken Golden and have every intention on supporting the band in the future. That is unless Tom does decide to do a dance remix or something! :loco:

~Brian~