Whitechapel sounding band

those vocals are brutal, love em. only thing i dont like is the bass drum, i like it rounder, but its just personal preference. this mix sounds awesome.

edit: i think the bass needs more low end.

Thanks man! Stoked that you like it. Anything that you don't like about it? As for the kick, I like a round kick also, just didn't feel like it fit in at the time

Mix is definitely lacking low-end but otherwise sounds awesome for the style. I'm not liking the kick or the snare due to the "slate-ness" but they work for this genre.

EDIT: The lead that comes in at 1:52 is masking the vocals. A little bit of EQ to the leads/vocals can fix this. It also seems too loud. Maybe turning it down a few Db will help with the masking.

Kick is a slate blend, snare is a Spaun carbon fiber snare that i sampled and a hair of slate dream z4 to give it some vibe. I'll post an update in a bit! I'm gonna have to agree on the low end situation

wow. this is weird. i was slated to mix this band! they were waiting on my schedule to open up a bit.... hmmm...

Dont trip man, i'll message you explaining everything brotha. besides, im the one sending you all the files :)

Dont trip man, i'll message you explaining everything brotha. besides, im the one sending you all the files :)

haha, no worries mate. i figured that was the case! i like your mix, though. the vox sound fucking GREAT with a bit of processing!

=D

<3

haha, no worries mate. i figured that was the case! i like your mix, though. the vox sound fucking GREAT with a bit of processing!

=D

<3

absolutely dude, i'm stoked the way the vox came out on this. a little work can go a long way. I figure the vox is right up your alley. So i'm stoked to hear what you do with it all.

wow dude, loving the song.

your mix is sick too. are your guitars ITB like the previous band, or is this real amps?

my only complaint (and it's not a big one) is the snare. i don't think it fits too well with this music. i'd give something heavy like this a snare with more low end, perhaps.

all in all, it's sounding really good.

thanks,

wow dude, loving the song.

your mix is sick too. are your guitars ITB like the previous band, or is this real amps?

my only complaint (and it's not a big one) is the snare. i don't think it fits too well with this music. i'd give something heavy like this a snare with more low end, perhaps.

all in all, it's sounding really good.

thanks,

Haha, thanks man! Guitars are once again DI. I understand the snare thing. But personally I Dont like super thick snares in fast mixes. I lose them. Haha but I've heard some really cool mixes like within the ruins - invade. Bad ass mix, sounds huge! Just not my cup of tea though

Oh, amazing sound! Guitars and vocals are really sick!
Hm, well, it would be nice if there is a possibility to share cab impulse. Or at least to know what cab model/speakers/mic were used for this impulse.

Oh, amazing sound! Guitars and vocals are really sick!
Hm, well, it would be nice if there is a possibility to share cab impulse. Or at least to know what cab model/speakers/mic were used for this impulse.

+1

And what about that bass grind? sounds so good!