Who is the Loudest band on planet metal?

E

Eamon Gnomes

Hi viewers!

I recently performed an experiment to try to determine who are the loudest metallers on your planet.

After extensive research I concluded that Motorhead were the loudest, with the mighty Saxon a close second and Pantera completing the top three. Quiet Riot not surprisingly claimed the wooden spoon.

Motorhead proved to be sooo loud that I could not hear my neighbours banging on the walls, but then my CD player does go to 11...

Next week I am going to see who is the quietest band in the universe by listening to several 'unplugged' albums and timing how long it takes me to fall asleep.

What about ACDC - I once saw someones head explode at one of their gigs!

No doubt in my mind, MOTORHEAD, although my ears may argue with that. After seeing Biff and the boys Sunday, April 7th at JAXX, my ears were wrecked until Tuesday night. SAXON obviously had the amps cranked up to ``11``.

I recently saw an American band called Roadsaw and there were even louder than Motorhead!

Caught MOTORHEAD in N.Y.C. April 30th, and, while loud, they were no where near louder than SAXON was at JAXX on April, 7th. This actually was a GOOD thing, as for once I understood EVERY word spoken and sung by Lemmy during the entire show. Overall, two of the best shows I`ve seen in years, but Biff and the boys won the volume battle this time around.

I´ve got to say that Saxon are quite heavy. I Watched them in a very small venue in Bollnäs, Sweden some years ago, and man, it was LOUD!!! My hearing hasn´t been the same since... but, it was a great gig! Some years before that i watched them in an even smaller venue in Sälen, also Sweden, a kind of skiresort, and when Biff came out on stage he said "This is the strangest place we´ve ever played". Not quite so loud that evening, but it brings back some fun memories, and as, always a great performance.

It pains me to say it, but sometimes a band can be too loud - a couple of years ago I saw Motorhead live (at the now gone Mayfair, in Newcastle, England) and I couldn't tell what songs they were playing due to the incredible volume!