who knows about itunes?

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
How come I have 800 songs by 53 artists in my library, and the shuffle feature will only play songs by the grateful dead, the pixies, the beatles, yo la tengo, and the Zelda soundtracks? It skips over everything else. wtg?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

what version?

i think i remember you running 9.x, right? trashing the prefs is always worth a shot. i don't think that will have an effect on your playlists, etc... etc.

i wonder if the play count/ratings have something to do with it.

i think there's a lot of complaints over any version of itunes and shuffle. i think one fix (i've never tried it) is to toggle shuffle on and off a few times, and play tracks in between each. you've probably tried that?

My roommate last year had the same problem with his media player last year. Oh wait, no, he was just a smelly hippy who like Phish, the Grateful Dead, and not showering more than I thought was conceivably possible. Seriously get that fixed. My proposed solution is deleting the dead tracks and moving on, trying to forget the folly of your life. Sorry, my hate for those bands is now deep-rooted. Such a thing will result from hearing the same playlist everyday for a year, especially when it consists of a bunch of songs which are duplicated up to 5 times, with the only change being it was played a different way in a different city so the jam in the middle was different. Normally, these jams broke up the flow of the song that I knew from the recorded version, but honestly, if you wanna throw in an extra 30 seconds on your guitar solo, that is pretty cool but please, stick to the basic framework of the song. There is a reason people like it, because of the way it sounded when they heard it.

not familiar with iTunes, but WMP and some others have a rating system that effects it, certain things in the ID3 tags, and possibly sometign with genre labeling...