Who named the band?

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Erm....just that. Who came up with the name? And did the band have any other names before this?

Well, Alex and I both came up with the name one night on a 4 hour phone conversation....hehehe
We were trying to come up with names, and we both tried variations of the name, until we came up with Power of Omens.
Of course it took a while before everyone in the band was happy with it...but it stuck. ;)

Before that, we really didn't have a name.

~D

That's pretty cool. Settling on a name on the first go rocks.
I guess it doesn't matter too much. I hardly ever think too much about band names. Sometimes I might notice ones that seem bad, but for the most part, I just accept them without thinking about them.
I think some of the bad ones include Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Megadeth (so cheesy), Metallica (same reason) Manowar (this speaks for itself :lol: ) and there are too many bands with an X as the suffix (although Symphony X is a bloody good name).

It has taken ages for my band to grab a name. We used LAPD as a working title, only 'cause it was the first 4 members' christian name initials.
We couldn't stick with it, though, 'cause
1) It's pretty damn bad
2) There's already a South American combo called it
3) I don't think our singer would be happy to be left out. lol

Getting a name that we all liked proved so difficult that me and the drummer just took ourselves out of the running. We've just decided to go along with whatever was suggested by the others.

We've got a name now, but we're waiting to produce our first cd before using it (although I reckon it's already been used by someone else. it sounds such an obvious name).

I did have a link to a site called "The Canonical List of Weird Band Names", but I can't find it. Some of the things people decide to call their bands is very weird.

Hey there, Vedr4n. Haven't seen your name around for a while. How are you?

We're aiming for sometime early in 2003. I'm guessing about March or so. We'll be recording in Thin Ice studios and hopefully be capturing Karl Groom from Threshold as producer.
I don't know if you remember that thread about Shadow Keep, but we have their ex-vocalist singing for us now, and he's good friends with Karl Groom, and Karl runs Thin Ice studios, so hopefully it should all fall into place.

i'm in hibernation :zzz:
i read the board from times to times.. but mainly i'm just sleeping :D

great... do you have any sample of your songs? and what about label? will you record full album or just a demo for a begining?

as for thread about shadow keep, yeah, i remember.. but at that time was he still their singer... or?

however, good luck with everything ;)

hey, liz.. i like those names!
btw is that your picture? :lol:

Vedr4n, we'll record over an hour's worth of material, since we're spending a lot on recording it. No label, we'll finance it all ourselves. It's just our first recording, so it's kind of us seeing what we can do, how we come across, etc.
Our vocalist had jut left Shadow Keep as he joined us. It sort of dove-tailed.
A version of one track from the album is being recorded at home by me with the keyboard player on the 16th of this month. It'll be on my mp3.com page in early January.

@Lizard: You know, that picture would make a fantastic avatar!

hehe Yeah, it's still "secret" whilst we get things (slowly) moving. Our website is "ready to go", the only two things it is missing is a logo and a band photo of our new singer with us.
We won't get that until I get back from holiday (which I leave for in 6 days :hotjump: ).
But if you're willing to pay me 1 million dollars [insert Dr. Evil laugh here], I will tell you the name. Mua-hahahahahaha

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
But if you're willing to pay me 1 million dollars [insert Dr. Evil laugh here], I will tell you the name. Mua-hahahahahaha
hi vedr4n! if you pay me 500,000 dollars, i'll tell you the band name :D