Who wants to see Richard Christy do a drum solo?

Coo, as long as they dont incorporate it into the shows ;) Drum solos can be cool but they eat too much time. On this last Tour Iron Maiden cut 4 songs from their set so Dio and Motorhead could get more time. So Dio then throws in the fucking drum solo....

I keep a drum solo at a minute tops.

Christy was great. Worrying more about beats than speed and technicality. It's why he's better than Portnoy.

Iced In Flames said:
Coo, as long as they dont incorporate it into the shows ;) Drum solos can be cool but they eat too much time. On this last Tour Iron Maiden cut 4 songs from their set so Dio and Motorhead could get more time. So Dio then throws in the fucking drum solo....

Indeed. I'm a drummer, but live drum solos are just fucking pointless. They could have done so much more in the time it took for that goddamn solo.

Christy is great, but his drumming on some of the TGB stuff is just too show-offy. It's just overwhelming...fills where there should not be fills, too much double-kick. It fit Death and Control Denied, but with IE it just doesn't work.

Pyrus said:
Indeed. I'm a drummer, but live drum solos are just fucking pointless. They could have done so much more in the time it took for that goddamn solo.

Christy is great, but his drumming on some of the TGB stuff is just too show-offy. It's just overwhelming...fills where there should not be fills, too much double-kick. It fit Death and Control Denied, but with IE it just doesn't work.
So you're saying you didn't like his drumming on TGB because it was too good?