Whoa, Katatonia has apparently finally made it into the mainstream here in Finland.

no_reply said:
this is not good you'll regret it, cuz this mainstream thingy will push katatonia to make amainstream/commercial (whatever it may be called )album and therefore ,it'll suck...you'll see...

shure....they're just going to go fag because they get big....please. you obvoisly have no faith in Katatonia.....they do what they want....always have....pfft

Hobo said:
more katatonia radio = more katatonia money = more katatonia possibilities...
more katatonia radio = more katatonia money = touring to countries that they haven't been to yet. Like Australia.
LifeDepraved said:
I'd laugh if they covered a Cannibal Corpse song and painted the floor yellow.

yeah im not all there.
What is with you today Kev?

muaaahahahhaha katatonia will never get mainstream here!!!! :heh:
The only band that will come to this shitty place in summer is Scorpions:puke:

@ Silent Paragon

Kevin may have been drunk when he was posting :lol:
or he was in a really good mood :)

Deliverance6 said:
shure....they're just going to go fag because they get big....please. you obvoisly have no faith in Katatonia.....they do what they want....always have....pfft
men! u have seen it thousand times already, think of it, tgcd was about to reach the point .........

no_reply said:
men! u have seen it thousand times already, think of it, tgcd was about to reach the point .........

Jesus Christ. Don't want to go personal, but your two messages on this thread make you seem such a damn retard it's unbelievable... TGCD is a close to mainstream album? And success is likely to hurts a band?

In my opinion TGCD is the furthest from a mainstream album that the band has done since something like... ...BMD. Just listen to Teargas for example. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus. It doesn't get any closer to a standard pop-tune then that. TGCD has got so much darker tones and extreme rhytmical stuff to it, that I would think it would be harder for a mainstream listener to get into it. And still they are making it with this album. What the hell is there to complain about?

Also, is Katatonia the only metal band to reach the mainstream charts without compromising their sound/selling out? Of course, Finland shouldn't count, we had Reverend Bizarre's 20-minute single Slave of Satan on #2 last summer, but I don't think it was played on the radio :lol:

Most other metal bands that have gotten a lot of mainstream attention have changed their style to a definitely more commercial sound, but I don't hear that in Katatonia at all, TGCD being very polished and radio-friendly feels more like natural progression.

Argyle said:
Jesus Christ. Don't want to go personal, but your two messages on this thread make you seem such a damn retard it's unbelievable... TGCD is a close to mainstream album? And success is likely to hurts a band?

In my opinion TGCD is the furthest from a mainstream album that the band has done since something like... ...BMD. Just listen to Teargas for example. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus. It doesn't get any closer to a standard pop-tune then that. TGCD has got so much darker tones and extreme rhytmical stuff to it, that I would think it would be harder for a mainstream listener to get into it. And still they are making it with this album. What the hell is there to complain about?
I agree with you. The only thing in this album that is NEAR (yet FAR :lol: ) to mainstream are the catchy chorus, like in "My twin". But, as Argyle said, it's far from mainstream.

Cheers.
:kickass:

make it personal
,whatever i don't care,tgcd it's a predictable album ,same stupid construction, it's getting boring already, verse chorus verse.....

no_reply said:
make it personal
,whatever i don't care,tgcd it's a predictable album ,same stupid construction, it's getting boring already, verse chorus verse.....

ok then.....your opinion....thats cool.....seems like your alone in your opinion......Im not sure if you have listened to DO or anything.....but DO is the most predictable and basically constructed of their alblums....and so what.....do they need to be dragonforce to get your attention?......if all you have to say is BS cutdowns then why are you here?......I will just assume you are trying to stir up some emotions from us who think TGCD is a masterpiece by your closeminded comments......you should just break all your katatonia cds and listen to arcanum or something......your much too knowledgeable about what is musically tasteful for us.....I dont even know why you would share you plethora of musical knowledge with us lowlifes......

I welcome you to hang out here......get to know us.....but I would advise sharing your opinions in a more constructive way from now on.....you dont have to worship Katatonia like I do.....but you really should respect them....you are in their house.....they arent in your house talking mad shit......so stop already...

Reece

Deliverance6 said:
ok then.....your opinion....thats cool.....seems like your alone in your opinion......Im not sure if you have listened to DO or anything.....but DO is the most predictable and basically constructed of their alblums....and so what.....do they need to be dragonforce to get your attention?......if all you have to say is BS cutdowns then why are you here?......I will just assume you are trying to stir up some emotions from us who think TGCD is a masterpiece by your closeminded comments......you should just break all your katatonia cds and listen to arcanum or something......your much too knowledgeable about what is musically tasteful for us.....I dont even know why you would share you plethora of musical knowledge with us lowlifes......

I welcome you to hang out here......get to know us.....but I would advise sharing your opinions in a more constructive way from now on.....you dont have to worship Katatonia like I do.....but you really should respect them....you are in their house.....they arent in your house talking mad shit......so stop already...

Reece
yeah i do apologize i didnt do it some stupid friend did it, if u've readed what i post about the album earlier,sure i said something different, plus he's good at english, as u can tell i'm not.....:worship:

btwy read what i'd post in my thread the albums that failed to dissapoint u....cheerz

:bah: Even if Katatonia has reached to the list, I don't think that it is mainstream in any way. ;<
And even if TGCD is "radiofriendly" it doesn't mean that everyone finds
something good from it.
Yhyy, I'm trendy 'cos I listen Katatonia.:cry: