Who's down for a sneapforum Threat Signal - Haunting cover?

JMarz

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2008
Minnesota, US
www.facebook.com
I've been pondering the idea of covering this song for a few weeks now (it's just such a fucking awesome song,) and I was wondering if anybody wanted to track and mix/master a cover of this brutal epic?

I'll do lead and rhythm guitars if necessary, Erkan read the fucking thread I need a good, GOOD drummer for this :p otherwise it'll be dkfh, or whatever you guys decide you want to use!

Here's the youtube incase you haven't heard the song (shaaaame)

EDIT: Made a small mix-test here for the first 20 seconds or so. How's it sound?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1069633/H...20Test 2.mp3

~Jess

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't access YouTube here in work (don't know the song) but I hope to have a drumroom soon, so I might be able to track the drums.
Then again, nothing ever seems to go right when it comes to me securing a drum-room so I won't hold my breath...!

Good playing Jess, but the tone unfortunately is a bit thin/nasal/undergained IMO :erk: What were your settings? And did you use any sort of TS in front of the amp?

Good playing Jess, but the tone unfortunately is a bit thin/nasal/undergained IMO :erk: What were your settings? And did you use any sort of TS in front of the amp?

Thanks man! But nope, buying a TS7 or Maxon OD808 tomorrow along with an NS-2 and a 4x12 5150 cab. Settings weeeere crunch channel @ 6.5 pre, 6.5 lows, 4 mids, 10 highs, resonance 10, presence 10, post 2.5. Also there wasn't any bass recorded, which we will DEFINIATELY have on the final version. Can't wait for the TS7 though :D:D:D

Yeah dude, definitely! And since you used the FX send the pres/res controls probably wouldn't have any effect, but while I haven't owned or played a 5150 in a few years, I'm 95% certain Treble 10 is the source of my complaints; back it down to around 7 I'd say!

Sure Jess, I'll check it out. But there's a lot that needs to be done dude... I've got that Sikth cover I'm workin' on, and my own songs and the stuff you and I are doing and so on.. it would really be great if digitaldeath got his shit together and did it instead :D But I'm here if all else fails, so I can fail too! :D