Who's Scott Burns??

ThePhilosopher said:
I think the sound on Suffocation's "Pierced From Within" is phenomenal, and Scott Burns produced that. I guess he's hit or miss. :err:
I think Pierced From Within's production is, by chance, suited. But good? Far from it. It is extremely thick and muddy...drums are unclear, bass is all over the place but generally too loud.....it just happens to be one of those bad productions that has come to suit Suffocation's brutal style and mood, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was through accident rather than intention.

The bass on Pierced From Within is obtrusive and more an annoyance than an instrument. Effigy of the Forgotten showcased the ideal production that Suffocation should exhibit.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
The bass on Pierced From Within is obtrusive and more an annoyance than an instrument. Effigy of the Forgotten showcased the ideal production that Suffocation should exhibit.
I actually found Effigy's production to be lacking as well. Despise the Sun and Souls to Deny are the only albums with any good production at all, IMO.

Astral Poetry said:
Indeed, anyone who rates either band as even remotely above mediocre lacks any semblance of taste.
Nice try, but I'm not taking the bait. Remain unenlightened if you wish.