Who's still going?

You could still go on the cruise (it was a regular Carnival cruise, the bands were just for those who wanted to pay extra).

And no, no refund here yet.

You could still go on the cruise (it was a regular Carnival cruise, the bands were just for those who wanted to pay extra).

And no, no refund here yet.

Same here. No refund either. For those that ended up going on the cruise anyway, how was it? I thought about it, but I really was looking forward to seeing the bands and hanging out with them and other friends. I figured everybody pretty much bailed when this got canceled. Might as well save the nearly $800 I spent on this thing if there is a next time.

But, yeah, would be nice to see the refund, as this is a pretty big chunk of change here.

We had a blast. There was a small group of us that ended up going.

Those who decided to go on the regular cruise were supposed to get a partial refund but I haven't gotten mine either. Do we know if anyone has received their refund yet? No one I know has.

Those who decided to go on the regular cruise were supposed to get a partial refund but I haven't gotten mine either. Do we know if anyone has received their refund yet? No one I know has.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

I have not received a refund either, and neither has the person I was going to be sharing a cabin with.

As SkiBumMSP noted, it is a large chunk of change, and it would be nice to have it back.

Awesome that you had an excellent time on the cruise. Admittedly, I was looking forward to the cruise as much as the "Triton Power" part of it as well. Every time I see a "Carnival Cruise" commercial, I keep thinking, "Man, how I wish TPC did not get canceled...". Oh well.

BTW, I just received an e-mail saying a refund check is on the way... :headbang: As soon as that money comes, I am stashing it away in my ING account in hopes that there will be a next time.

Still would've loved to been on this instead. Hopefully, 'TexasBeth' will be able to fulfill her dream and still pull this off in the future. If so, I'd like to be there, if at all possible. If you guys only knew how much I was so looking forward to this... (even more than that Lake Tahoe ski trip that I was on, which, BTW, was awesome in of itself).

Well, it's now July 2, and still no refund. I had heard from Beth that it was coming, then there were delays, but that was several weeks ago now. We have a relative in Ohio with Stage IV lung cancer that we want to go see before she passes, and this money would really help us do that. Emailed Beth again this week but no answer.

Has anyone gotten their money back yet?

Follow up on my post. I actually did indeed receive a full refund and I did put that money straight into my ING-Direct account (from my budgeting point of view, that money was already "spent", so I might as well stash it away in a high-yield account). Hopefully, in the future, I can put it use again and go on one of these things.

Still, a bummer to hear some folks have not yet received their refunds, though. TexasBeth is not the kind that will go out and scam anybody out of their money, so hopefully, you folks that are still waiting will get yours shortly. I wonder what kind of games she has to play with the cruise line to get the refunds back or how much she probably ended up having to eat herself. I bet it is a pretty crappy situation she ended up having to be in, but at the same time, do need to make good on peoples refunds. If she ended up having to eat a lot of it, I have a feeling any future Triton Power Cruise prospects may be grim.

I'll have to keep an eye on this section of the forum to see if any future developments or hopefully, another "Triton Power Cruise" will occur in the future.

It would be helpful if Beth could post the reason for the delays -- and not just 'bank problems' but specifically where the holdups are. We are in limbo until we get this and my aunt is now back in the hospital ... it would really suck if a delay of much longer kept us from visiting her before she dies. We live check to check, and this chunk would give us the travel money without having to take a credit card cash advance (which would really suck). A worst-case date would help too.

I see now that the cruise website is gone. Makes sense I guess, but just weird since I was linking to this page from that one. Oh well. The link to Beth's email was there too though ... anyone else have any news on refunds?

It would be helpful if Beth could post the reason for the delays -- and not just 'bank problems' but specifically where the holdups are. We are in limbo until we get this and my aunt is now back in the hospital ... it would really suck if a delay of much longer kept us from visiting her before she dies. We live check to check, and this chunk would give us the travel money without having to take a credit card cash advance (which would really suck). A worst-case date would help too.

I know the feeling about your aunt. I lost my Aunt Susan last year springtime due to cancer. I did ask my mother if I should head out there (my parents were already out there). This was in Minnesota. I was told that it was best that I did not go and not see her in the state she was at. Instead, I pulled up the pictures from the family reunion we had in 2007. I still miss her even to this day. Fortunately, I am in a position that I have money on hand if I needed to travel anywhere (regardless of getting a refund).

Sorry to hear about all this and do hope that you do get your refund. I don't know what the hold up is myself. It is not TexasBeth is out to scam anybody. I would keep sending her e-mails. I hope you can still get the chance to see your aunt as well. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

No, both me and Peter mailed her some weeks ago but nothing what so ever! A little annoying I think. Perhaps time to resend that mail again then!