• Herb Simonsen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Drover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Wead

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
I went with both LaRocque and Wead.

I know LaRocque is probably the obvious choice, since you can't help but recognize the genius of the guy whether it be with King Diamond, Death, as a producer, etc, but I honestly think he's better when he's pushed to the limit by the fellow guitarist -- in my case, Wead.

Some of the best trade off solos can be found on The Puppet Master. I love that damn album sooo much.

Also, notice the similarities between Wead and Marty Friedman? Same egyptian-like scales, same style of play, except Wead doesn't throw in those 'out-of-tune-to-in-tune' exotic bends that Friedman does (and Hendrix did).

I missed King Diamond's last tour, but I'll get his upcoming DVD. I'm not really into music DVDs, but I'll make an exception for this one.

JayKeeley said:
I went with both LaRocque and Wead.

I know LaRocque is probably the obvious choice, since you can't help but recognize the genius of the guy whether it be with King Diamond, Death, as a producer, etc, but I honestly think he's better when he's pushed to the limit by the fellow guitarist -- in my case, Wead.

Some of the best trade off solos can be found on The Puppet Master. I love that damn album sooo much.

Also, notice the similarities between Wead and Marty Friedman? Same egyptian-like scales, same style of play, except Wead doesn't throw in those 'out-of-tune-to-in-tune' exotic bends that Friedman does (and Hendrix did).

I missed King Diamond's last tour, but I'll get his upcoming DVD. I'm not really into music DVDs, but I'll make an exception for this one.
As will I, but to be perfectly honest, I found the Puppet Master to be the weakest album since The Spider's Lullabye and The Eye before that.

Denner and Wead are awesome and have played with both Shermann and Larocque, so they most definitely get my vote.

Papa Josh said:
As will I, but to be perfectly honest, I found the Puppet Master to be the weakest album since The Spider's Lullabye and The Eye before that.
Really? Wow, that surprises me to be honest. I rank it alongside Abigail, as does King Diamond himself. :kickass: