Will a closet work as an ISO booth?

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
I have a closet here I use for a vocal booth, and it works amazing. I've completely sound proofed it (ceilings, floors, walls and all). Will it work for an amp booth as well?

This is going to sound like a douchebag answer, but put an amp in it, record it, and if it sounds good, it works.

Not douchey at all dude! Thank you.

The thing is that I'm not as smart with real amp stuff as the big wigs here, and I was curious as to if it is logical and correct.

i would say its gonna sound boxy, not from experience, but thats what ive read other people saying. Amps need room to breathe, but like lolzgreg said, try it, and if you like it, then your all good. If you dont mind me asking, how did you go about making the booth?

i would say its gonna sound boxy, not from experience, but thats what ive read other people saying. Amps need room to breathe, but like lolzgreg said, try it, and if you like it, then your all good. If you dont mind me asking, how did you go about making the booth?

Well, I bought about 70 Sq feet of sound proofing and covered the walls and ceiling with it. The room is completely dead and it works great. The only thing that doesn't have soundproofing on it is the door.

The only problem you might have is reflections from walls/floor/ceiling. Try to position it so that it's at least a few feet away from those and you'll be ok.