Will Opeth tour the southeastern states?

Anthropophagus

New Metal Member
Jul 7, 2003
Visit site
I don't see any dates for any South-Eastern states :(

I live in florida and would love to see them live....anyone know if some more dates will be posted (in this direction) ?

Anthropophagus said:
I don't see any dates for any South-Eastern states :(

I live in florida and would love to see them live....anyone know if some more dates will be posted (in this direction) ?

Not this time around, but I believe they may be back again in the fall. Your best bet is then.

np: fall from grace

Beth said:
Back in the fall.........ahhh 3 times in one year, not too bad :Spin:

Yes!!! I seem to remember hearing that rumor. Maybe here not too sure, but I hope it is true. And I hope they bring Porcupine Tree along again. I'm going to Georgia to see Porcupine Tree, but no Opeth. Oh well, it will rule regardless.

godmachine12 said:
Yes!!! I seem to remember hearing that rumor. Maybe here not too sure, but I hope it is true. And I hope they bring Porcupine Tree along again. I'm going to Georgia to see Porcupine Tree, but no Opeth. Oh well, it will rule regardless.

I heard it as well, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it's true

hehe, np feature is down here...

*edit* hahah, my arrow didn't turn out too great...

Yes, they will definetely come back in the fall for the second leg of the damnation tour...Mikael said so after the Houston show, plus I emailed info@opeth.com and they confirmed it. They didn't say it was for the southeastern states though, but that's pretty much obvious.

Only downside is, I suspect Porcupine Tree won't be joining them :cry: Seeing my two favorite bands in concert would be the epitome of this fanboy's little life :cry again:

Beth said:
I heard it as well, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it's true

hehe, np feature is down here...

*edit* hahah, my arrow didn't turn out too great...

*feels like an idiot after looking* Yes I should scroll and read before I post. I use the feature now! Judging from Azogues's post, they will be back. I hope they do like they did the Deliverance tour and hit the cities they didn't get the first time around. Maybe they'll play a little closer to me this time.

godmachine12 said:
*feels like an idiot after looking* Yes I should scroll and read before I post. I use the feature now! Judging from Azogues's post, they will be back. I hope they do like they did the Deliverance tour and hit the cities they didn't get the first time around. Maybe they'll play a little closer to me this time.
heheh, well now you know ;)
I never use it, but I am in this thread

When they come back, I wonder what the setlist will be like?
Already seen Deliverance and going to see Damnation.....omg I wish they'd go hard-core on Orchid-MAYH. But I'm just dreaming :cry:

I'm not familiar with the area in Tennessee that you're from....where is it?

Beth said:
heheh, well now you know ;)
I never use it, but I am in this thread

When they come back, I wonder what the setlist will be like?
Already seen Deliverance and going to see Damnation.....omg I wish they'd go hard-core on Orchid-MAYH. But I'm just dreaming :cry:

I'm not familiar with the area in Tennessee that you're from....where is it?

Yeah I would love to see some old stuff played. I'm sure the Orchid songs would sound amazing now and the MAYH songs would as well. Wouldn't it be cool if they played the whole MAYH album? Geez what a great show that would be. I kinda want to hear some Damnation songs since I'm not gonna see them this time around, but we shall see I guess.

Gray is in the northeastern tip of the state. It's right between the Tri-Cities area(Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City). I'm about 20 minutes from southeast Virginia and about 45 minutes or so from North Carolina. It's a very nice place to live, but there isn't really much to do that often. That's about the only drawback.

NEXT WEEK IN BOSTON!!

I can hardly stand the wait. Oh man. I can see it already. They'll be playing and it'll be (respectably) quiet and I'll get this excruciating urge to just yell :yell:OOOOPETH!!

I hope they will do some shows in Virginia at some stage after their July/ August tour, as I will only be there in September. My timing sucks - I arrive in the US just after everyone leaves. Aargh! Decent bands never come to SA, so I haven't seen anyone cool, except for the Haunted. Thus, as one might expect, I am pretty desperate to see some good bands live.