Will Reunited MISFITS Make New Music? GLENN DANZIG Doesn't Know

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Glenn Danzig has told The New York Times that there are no plans for the reunited MISFITS to make new music after completing a two-show reunion run at this year's Riot Fest. "If there's going to be another MISFITS record, I'd probably have to write the stuff," he said. "And I've got a full plate, so I don't know." Danzig also explained his decision to reunite with the MISFITS after 33 years, saying: "Jerry [Only, MISFITS bassist] and I had solved and resolved all our differences. And I've seen a lot of musicians dying too young recently, like [David] Bowie and Prince. That just got in my head. People had been trying to get us to reunite for a long time, anyway. I said that if we're going to do it, we might as well do it now while we're all in really good shape. It's not easy to be in terrible shape or be a drug addict and perform, you know?" He added: "Not a lot of people got to see the original MISFITS. Maybe the legends have grown over all these years. And now they got to see it." The original MISFITS band broke up in 1983, and Only brought forth a new version of the MISFITS in 1995. Various members have come and gone, but Only, along with BLACK FLAG's Dez Cadena, has kept some form of the MISFITS in the recording studio and on the road for most of the last two decades. After the original MISFITS disbanded, Danzig went on to form SAMHAIN and then the eponymous DANZIG. Several albums of reissued and previously unreleased material were issued after the group's dissolution, and their music became influential to punk rock, heavy metal, and alternative rock music of the late 1990s and early 2000s. Glenn didn't rule out more dates after the Riot Fest shows, telling Rolling Stone: "We'll see how it goes. It may lead to some other work, but who knows how it's going to turn out? I mean, I don't think it's going to be a disaster; I think it's going to be incredible."
misfitsriotfestposter2016bigger.jpg

Continue reading...