WINTERSUN Announce New Guitarist - Dec. 27, 2004

Yetti

Oct 29, 2002
Amerika
Visit site
WINTERSUN, the Finnish band featuring former ENSIFERUM singer/guitarist Jari Mäenpää, have announced the addition of second guitarist Teemu Mäntysaari to the group's ranks. Teemu is "a very young dude, but an extremely skilful and motivated player!" Jari writes on the group's web site. "Maybe even better than me I might say, heh! We welcome him to the band!

"I wanna thank everyone who applied as a guitarist, you were all great! Thanks for the interest!

"Finding a good synthplayer has been more difficult task," Jari added. "I think we might have to use backup tapes for the shows at first.

"We're still looking for synthplayers, but mainly Finnish players and talented ones of course.

"I've been working on new material, but so far just riffs, melodies and ideas. Quite a lot great stuff actually, but it will take time to start putting them together as songs and to make the lyrics as well, so hopefully you will stay patient.

"We're trying to organize the live shit together at the moment. It's a bit hard situation, 'cause we don't have a rehearsal place and there's other shit that needs to be organized too, but hopefully the year 2005 will bring us/you great live shows!"

WINTERSUN's self-titled debut album was released in September through Nuclear Blast Records. The band's music has been described as a mix between early AMORPHIS, CHILDREN OF BODOM, FINNTROLL and ENSIFERUM.